Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa out tomorrow?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m Re: some confusion over Ulloa's fitness. Expect him to play. OG was referring at press this morning to Orlandi, not Leo. #bhafc

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Re: some confusion over Ulloa's fitness. Expect him to play. OG was referring at press this morning to Orlandi, not Leo. #bhafc

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ulloa not a doubt, apparently.

OG meant Andy Orlandi.

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m Re: some confusion over Ulloa's fitness. Expect him to play. OG was referring at press this morning to Orlandi, not Leo. #bhafc

Re: some confusion over Ulloa's fitness. Expect him to play. OG was referring at press this morning to Orlandi, not Leo. #bhafc

"Today we will see and we will find out if Leo can play. I hope he feels okay after training and that he will be available to us"
- Oscar Garcia

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-...hid=3630755&tcmuri=921040#YEgmgxtbxsTQbPZP.99

:shrug:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 6m
Re: some confusion over Ulloa's fitness. Expect him to play. OG was referring at press this morning to Orlandi, not Leo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had this discussion with someone on this site only a few weeks ago and I proved then that there are LOADS of clubs in this division with far worse prospects than us who have several recognised strikers at their disposal. I agree that Millwall might be weak, but they're one club out of 24 and will probably finish in the bottom six.

It's a fair point that CMS probably eats up a fair chunk of the budget as he was a high-profile signing for us, but we still need more numbers. Even if we only had a young player on loan it would be something, a different option to call on, and a player like that would not demand to play every week. Going into a match in August with potentially ZERO strikers is just unforgivable. If it happens and we draw/lose tomorrow then it'll be exactly like last season all over again, where we surrendered points early in the season because of incompetent squad planning and it eventually cost us automatic promotion.
But we don't have ZERO strikers. We have four (Leo, Barnes, CMS, Hoskins), or SIX if you include the two development squad kids. How is that "unforgiveable" when to bring more players in will cost money, and to bring a decent striker in will cost a LOT of money?

When fit, we have the firepower that is the envy of at least 20 squads in this division. Granted, we're down on fully fit players right now, but as it turns out Leo is fit and Barnes' injury is only a minor knock. We have the two development squad lads who could fill in if we are unfortunate enough to need them to start before CMS comes back.

It's just the usual bed-wetters looking for a whinge. We're alright and quite frankly will probably now hammer Millwall tomorrow with two each from our two front players after all this nonsense.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Don't see why some people on here are getting so angry about this issue. Way I see it we have three 1st team strikers and two reserve strikers. Ok CMS and Barnes are currently injured but both are due back soonish so why would we go out and sign another striker? If we did we would 4 forwards when all fit and we only ever start with one. Be a waste of a wage imho. Now a short or medium loan on the other hand would make perfect sense in our current circumstances. This is what I think will happen.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oscar Garcia is waiting to assess the fitness of numerous players ahead of the Millwall game.

Albion's head coach is hoping Andrea Orlandi has recovered from his knee injury but will evaluate the fitness of the Spaniard, Keith Andrews (hamstring) and Ashley Barnes (knee) ahead of the visit of the Lions.

King Barnes

Jul 20, 2013
But we don't have ZERO strikers. We have four (Leo, Barnes, CMS, Hoskins), or SIX if you include the two development squad kids. How is that "unforgiveable" when to bring more players in will cost money, and to bring a decent striker in will cost a LOT of money?

When fit, we have the firepower that is the envy of at least 20 squads in this division. Granted, we're down on fully fit players right now, but as it turns out Leo is fit and Barnes' injury is only a minor knock. We have the two development squad lads who could fill in if we are unfortunate enough to need them to start before CMS comes back.

It's just the usual bed-wetters looking for a whinge. We're alright and quite frankly will probably now hammer Millwall tomorrow with two each from our two front players after all this nonsense.

:clap2:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think all clubs would want Ulloa; most would have CMS in their starting 11 every week; and the Burnley offer for Barnes demonstrates that he is well regarded at this level. All but a few clubs would be envious to have attacking strength in depth like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here