Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa, Bridcutt and Buckley

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Why sell our best players to the manager who dragged our club through the shit all summer?

What happened has passed, he has a new job and if he wants to buy our players for millions why should we say no?? If we need the money to push forward does not matter who buys them. I for one don't think Leo would leave, Buckley not good enough and Liam if he is given the chance and the money is right, who are we to stand in his way, the guy has been awesome for us week in week out and deserves the chance to play in the prem.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Why on earth would we sell our best players just because Gus has gone there? We are no longer a selling club and I very much doubt Tony would want to sell them to anyone, let alone Gus!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What happened has passed, he has a new job and if he wants to buy our players for millions why should we say no?? If we need the money to push forward does not matter who buys them. I for one don't think Leo would leave, Buckley not good enough and Liam if he is given the chance and the money is right, who are we to stand in his way, the guy has been awesome for us week in week out and deserves the chance to play in the prem.

Think we will have to agree to disagree :)

D

Deleted member 22389

So then, what are Gus's chances of luring these three to the NE in January? Always been impressed with them when I've watched Brighton.

Glad we got Mr Poyet in the end.

All the best for the rest of the season everyone :clap2:

Since your club is loaded I would be happy with £20,000,000 for all three. I'm sure Mr Poyet will be coming for our players. I know I shouldn't say that, but I am just being real. Your going to have to get past Bloom first lol.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why sell our best players to the manager who dragged our club through the shit all summer?

Business is business, you can't afford to hold grudges, unless there is an impact on any impending court case. I don't see we'd turned any bid down, if it was right for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bridcutt was Poyet's mouthpiece on the field. He is excellent at screening the back four, and given a priority is to stop shipping goals I'd be surprised if he didn't go for Liam at the first opportunity, and I reckon Bloom would accept if the offer was right.

As for Ulloa, he is our main man and we have no replacement, good strikers are hard to find. Bloom won't want to sell, but if he were to leave and misfire then it would heap more pressure on Gus. Sunderland's big requirement is for a goalscorer, but I don't see this one happening.

Re Buckley - again, I don't see it. They already have Adam Johnson.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I don't know whether I dreamt this, or it was day-dreaming, but I imagined GP taking Bridders up north and building the team around him.

Unfortunately, I think we have to accept the fact that sooner or later, the likes of Liam will be off to bigger and better things.
So not sunderland then.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Buckley??????????????????

I'd drive him up there myself. He's done sweet fa since his new contract.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
More to the point :

How much money will Gus have to spend in January AND what positions does he want to strengthen as priority with this money ???

From there, we can see if he particularly wants any Brighton players.

Even the Premier League has to comply with a version of FFP, he may have to ship some out first to be able to bring some in.

How high is the ceiling, and how far away are they from the roof?

:jester:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
So then, what are Gus's chances of luring these three to the NE in January? Always been impressed with them when I've watched Brighton.

Glad we got Mr Poyet in the end.

All the best for the rest of the season everyone :clap2:

Double what they are worth if the bid is from Gus Poyet im afraid.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Gus' first bit of business will probably be trying to get rid off some of the players at your club he doesn't rate - you can bet there'll be a few. Will anyone be lining up to pay money for your dead wood?

Then he might make a few cheeky bids.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Gus' first bit of business will probably be trying to get rid off some of the players at your club he doesn't rate - you can bet there'll be a few. Will anyone be lining up to pay money for your dead wood?

Then he might make a few cheeky bids.

Trouble is, those 14 players were signed by the director of football, who's still there - I'm sure he won't see them as deadwood.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am glad that as yet nobody has mentioned the men I think are most likely to go taking into account Sunderland are shipping goals............Kuszczak and Upson both have played in the Premier League. Upson is proven and TK was young but has learnt a lot since then and neither would cost mega bucks .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Excellent point - It's gonna be a very different set up for Poyet - I wonder if he can keep his frustrations in check while being dictated to.

I guess the difference is that he knows the score on the way in, the set-up is already there, and we must assume he's happy with that, unless hs desire to get to the Prem overcame his true feelings, in which case it may not last too long.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mr Poyet got us into the Championship, and if you sign these players he can do the same for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is Bridcutt chomping at the bit to get away then? Reading this thread you'd think he'd put in a transfer request such is the overwhelming opinion that we are probably going to lose him. As he can't go until January, he could feasibly be playing in a very good Championship side and enjoying himself again. I don't see that it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here