Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK suffers from "Plastic Paddy syndrome"

Nah, that stuff must be about the SCEPTIC TANKS LI, you must be confused. I have never heard of an Englishman wanting to be a flippin' Mick.

I think you is on the wind-up there, t' be sure t' be sure.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind if I could have some of Rory Gallagher's guitar talent.
He was Ireland's finest son
sniff :cry: :down:

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Les Biehn said:
I am 100% English. I'm in no way proud of it because as far as I'm concerned it's like saying I'm proud of being a human being. Why? its not like you have worked at it. It's like when they praise good looking people for being good looking, why praise someone because their genes make them aesthetically pleasing. I like England, the good parts of it are very dear to me but I must say I have never gone in for all this nationalistic fervour. All seems a bit forced to me.

Amen to that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My Nan was a rabid Proddy from Belfast who hated catholics with a passion ( I have no idea why as I tended to switch off when she explained it)

However every London Irish home game I am an honorary Irish man and getting an Exiles shirt ( which I will wear to an Albion home game when it comes)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
"It's a second generation Irish identity crisis thing...you wouldn't understand!"

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
jonny.rainbow said:
My Nationality is British and I was born in Brighton.

My family are however, Irish and I lived there between the ages of 7 and 11.

I do feel Irish to a degree and will always celebrate St Patricks Day (I've still got my green nose somewhere) and support Irish teams in various sports.

Oh and I drink Guinness and Jameson's.

If that makes me a plastic paddy then so be it.

:drink:

Me too ,I'm with you

Cead Mile Failte:clap2: :drink:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gotsmanov said:
I'm a quarter English, a quarter Scottish, and two-thirds Irish.

What about the other 10%? ???

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
We all know if it wasn't for Guinness no one would give a shit about Paddy's day!

If we had an English beer brand as strong as Guinness i'm sure people would make a fuss about St Georges day. It's not as if any of us "plastic paddy's" care about the day itself other than the black stuff! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm 25% Welsh but I'm still not keen on sheep.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
_wilka_ said:
If we had an English beer brand as strong as Guinness i'm sure people would make a fuss about St Georges day. It's not as if any of us "plastic paddy's" care about the day itself other than the black stuff!

I can't get too excited about Guinness. I generally drink enough of it on St. Patrick's Day to claim my free t-shirt before going back onto the Harveys.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Grendel said:
I can't get too excited about Guinness. I generally drink enough of it on St. Patrick's Day to claim my free t-shirt before going back onto the Harveys.

But without Guinness and their posters and banners all over pubs telling us the St Paddys day is creeping up on us I for one would have no idea when it was!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I have no connection with Ireland. I'm 25% Scottish and My wife is 75% Welsh and 25% Ukrainian. So that makes my daughter....

12.5% Scottish
12.5% Ukrainian
37.5% English
37.5% Welsh
100% gorgeous

But we couldn't find a t-shirt with that on!

I'll probably drink a few Guiness on Friday as it reminds me of my days at Uni in Liverpool. It was always a good night out then :)

Personally I'd love to see more done on St Georges day apart from Morris Dancing. Although I do enjoy watching that too as they are always near pubs!

:clap2:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Ireland is the only country in the world where more people living outside the country with passports than those living there

FACT!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
My nationality is English and nothing else. I celebrate St George's Day and don't give two hoots what other think!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mr Popkins said:
Ireland is the only country in the world where more people living outside the country with passports than those living there

FACT!

By some insane margin too. Passport Office is one of the most profitable semi-state agencies, only the gas company makes more profit-per-employee.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My bird said its St Patricks Day on whenever it is...Friday?

I was like so what? I'm not Irish and have no Irish relations. But I wish them well.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Scottish father, Irish grandmother that makes me 100per cent English as Iwas born in Sussex, f*** this 1/2 one nationality 1/4 another if your born in England your English...not to mention extremely lucky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here