Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ugly and boring towns...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would nominate Stoke-on-Trent for ugliness. Strange place made up of 5 towns which doesn't gel into one city. It is named after Stoke but the town of Hanley is the commercial and main centre. Have been there twice and opinion never changed.
Yes, Brighton & Hove is a city made up of two towns but firstly Brighton is the first named and is accepted as the main centre. Also travelling between both is seamless.

Possibly the most grim, and most grimey, northern hellhole I have ever had the misfortune to visit on more than one occasion. If there are worse places I have yet to visit them, and if they are in existence they should be flattened, along with Stoke.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
...........and the West Country nominations are ........dum,dum,dum :

Trouble over at Bridgwater, and........

Woeston-Super-Mare (although this is a seaside resort, and therefore miles better than Brighton and Hove.)

Anyone who says Worthing really ought to get out more.

I tell you what - spend a week in Bridgwater in Somerset and then you'll know what dull and ugly really mean.

Is Bridgwater really that bad?
I went to a place called Kilve in Somerset last year and went to Bridwater a few times, it did look like someone had stolen a town like Barnsley and dumped it in Somerset.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Whoah there! Have you been to Heathfield? Or Hailsham?

Good shout, whilst Uckfield may not be the most exciting place it is a damn sight better than Heathfield or Crowborough, similar sized towns. Its quite a nice place to live these days

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is Bridgwater really that bad?
I went to a place called Kilve in Somerset last year and went to Bridwater a few times, it did look like someone had stolen a town like Barnsley and dumped it in Somerset.

Bridgwater IS that bad, even the locals have an expression 'NFB' for strange looking individuals....'normal for Bridgwater'

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There is a surprise, 3 pages and 50 posts and up pops Doug Deep with Newhaven, what took you so long this time?
Bet you shop in our Lidl.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've had a nice time in a lot of these places.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I've had a nice time in a lot of these places.

No one has ever had a nice time in Birkenhead FACT. Even trips to Tranmere never result in anything more than a defeat or a turgid draw.

Likewise it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a nice time in Newport, Gwent. It just can't be done.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
East Grinstead?
Proper grim!

10sk650x242.jpgbluebell-railway.jpgsackville-college.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stoke (Burslem in particular)
Sittingbourne
Fishersgate

Total utter shitholes, the lot.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Hemel Hempstead ? How very feking dare you!
There are hundreds of places worse than that.... The immediate environs of Priestfield and Selhurst are proof of that.
..Luton, Leighton Buzzard,Grimsby,Scunthorpe, most of Kent etc etc

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Good shout, whilst Uckfield may not be the most exciting place it is a damn sight better than Heathfield or Crowborough, similar sized towns. Its quite a nice place to live these days

How can you call Heathfield dull? We even have a Costa Coffee shop now! oh! :(

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lancing, Burgess Hill, Hatfield, Southampton.

It pains me to say it, but Southampton is actually not a bad place to live near.

And hands off Lancing. My brother lives there. It's not that bad, and there is the excitement of having a training ground soon.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Two towns I find incredibly dull are East Grinstead and Haywards Heath. Awful commuter land snobbery in both.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Cumbernauld

Merthyr Tydfil

Newport

Croydon

Stockton-On-Tess

Hessle (Humberside)

Most of East London

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Blackburn , only one or two reasonable pubs , bleak and still very racist . Well I went for the football , there might be some good bits but I couldn't see them , i'd wanna do this if I lived there :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here