Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ugly and boring towns...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Camberley, Portslade, Reading, Bracknell.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ugly: Middlesbrough, grey, oppressive place. Feels like the sky is going to fall on your head.

Boring: Dorchester. Nice looking place but nothing ever happens. Ever

Agree with Middlesborough. When we played them last season we had a wicked weekend in Newcastle then just from getting the train down there, stepping out onto the platform and walking to the Riverside I've never felt more like I wanted to kill myself. Every single shop/building seemed to be boarded up and the few locals we saw were just mulling around in a daze picking their noses while their bellies spilled out over their B-Wise tracksuit bottoms. And that was on a nice sunny day.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Merthyr Tydfil is an utter shat hole !!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Croydon anyone ????

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Croydon is alright compared to many, many places. It has industry, housing, is being redeveloped, a few crappy council estates but no bad

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Hemel Hempstead ? How very feking dare you!
There are hundreds of places worse than that.... The immediate environs of Priestfield and Selhurst are proof of that.
..Luton, Leighton Buzzard,Grimsby,Scunthorpe, most of Kent etc etc

How very fecking dare YOU squire! Sure you are not muddling my adopted home town with somewhere else? Might be considered a tad dull by some, but certainly not rough :D (I wouldn't be raising a family here if it was that bad!) ALTHOUGH it is the only town to have been put in Room 101, by Mel and Sue!

I'll be training in Luton again tonight...and the walk to the town centre is truly something to behold. Know a few people there and a few Luton fans, so find it hard to be too cruel..

My votes - Stevenage anyone? hideous. Port Talbot (Jesus wept), Gillingham (their high street is like the roughest part of many towns), Dover is grim too.

Southampton up there for pure dullness.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes, Stevenage. My brother lived there in a Brookside style close. I literally told him he was moving to Brighton or I would never visit again. He did so. Now lives in Plymouth.

I live in Hampton now which is pleasently dull but pretty but Waterloo is only 25 mins away. Brighton for 16 years. It's going downhill again, big time.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This village is just up the road from me. The womens guild does not have many members.

_60779825_ugleyessexerikhartbergflickr.jpg

Attachments

• spaceout.gif
    spaceout.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 161

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For the so-called Principle town of Surrey, Kingston is not particularly nice. Although Athelstan, the first true king of a United England was crowned in the church there.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
In my first hand experience

Newport (Gwent), Livingston, Coventry, Middlesborough, Longsight (South Manchester) are all very grim.

Next the website is asking us to vote on the dullest towns in the UK. The shortlist so far is:

Banbury
Boston
Bury St Edmunds
Burnham Market
Camberley
Chipping Norton
Fort William
Hatfield
Leamington Spa
Maidenhead
Rhyl
Thetford

Defo not banbury,well not the night we stopped off there in two minibuses after an albion away game:whistle:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mansfield, seriously, it's dull, boring, aggressive, nasty and getting worse.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
oh, and Llanberis deserves a mention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here