Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ugly and boring towns...

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Hailsham farmers market is a big drawer, if you want some livestock I should imagine?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone who says Worthing really ought to get out more.

I tell you what - spend a week in Bridgwater in Somerset and then you'll know what dull and ugly really mean.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Most towns will be ugly in a few years with the huge growth in population.
Must agree about Worthing, the walk from the station to the town centre is truly depressing.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Most towns will be ugly in a few years with the huge growth in population.
Must agree about Worthing, the walk from the station to the town centre is truly depressing.

Bit unfair to judge any town on 1 section - If one arrives at Brighton station and takes the walk to the seafront, it's like some hybrid of a seaside resort and 1980s Beirut but it's not necessarily representative of the whole city is it....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These lists are ridiculous. there are TWENTY towns in Scotland, that make Basingstoke and Luton look like St ****ing Tropez.

Try Peterhead, Glenrothes, Bathgate, Cumbernauld, Kirkcaldy, Whitburn, etc. Truly depressing.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I live in Winchester and work in Basingstoke and argue that the town isn't that bad. Yes, it does have a modern shopping centre, but has a lot of greenery (near the roundabouts) and is in the middle of lovely countryside.

What annoys me about these books is they try and be too clever, take for example the first edition of 'crap towns' - it had Winchester in there, basically because some idiots who couldn't afford to live there were taking a pop out of the poor nightlife - yes, there is no 'Tru nightclub in the towncentre, but nice bars instead!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
3 pages and no mention of Newhaven? Or Polegate? Or East Grinstead?

These lists are ridiculous. there are TWENTY towns in Scotland, that make Basingstoke and Luton look like St ****ing Tropez.

Try Peterhead, Glenrothes, Bathgate, Cumbernauld, Kirkcaldy, Whitburn, etc. Truly depressing.

I see your depressing Scottish Towns and raise you - Wick! Truly awful.

Surely a Town can be ugly and not boring or Vice Versa? Wick does manage both.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you....SOUTHEND ON SEA

A truly disgusting mix of tower blocks, 1960s town centre and the most dull seafront "attractions" in the world. Other towns who want to be seen as resorts put their most attractive pubs and restaurants on their seafront. Southend? Not a chance the pubs along the front are all the kind of wife killing dives normally found in the middle if troubled council estates, the restaurants are all chip shops and whelk stalls and the women? OMFG

The Essex Riviera gets my vote any day.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you....SOUTHEND ON SEA

A truly disgusting mix of tower blocks, 1960s town centre and the most dull seafront "attractions" in the world. Other towns who want to be seen as resorts put their most attractive pubs and restaurants on their seafront. Southend? Not a chance the pubs along the front are all the kind of wife killing dives normally found in the middle if troubled council estates, the restaurants are all chip shops and whelk stalls and the women? OMFG

The Essex Riviera gets my vote any day.

If it's good enough for penny picking Steve, it's good enough for me...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A friend of mine is living in Hatfield for university, she frequently says it's a shitehole.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Coatbridge ,Airdrie, Paisley,Methill the list is never ending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here