UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
you assume alien technolgy would require our contempory aerodynamic structures.[Strawman] bodies capable of intersteller travel or anti-gravity could just be large blocks. [knockdown]

I assume nothing. I deduce, from the evidence, that the Mayans had knowledge of aerodynamics. And in so doing, had knowledge which exceeded that which is commonly accepted to have existed at that time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you believe the planes are "nothing more than abstract mindwandering."?

I can see various potential influence whether birds, gods or otherwise. They have a slight quality of American Indian totem pole. They look like planes, but then that is our own semiotic projection. It certainly doesnt lead me to conclude Mayans bore witness to technology, alien or otherwise.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can see various potential influence whether birds, gods or otherwise. They have a slight quality of American Indian totem pole. They look like planes, but then that is our own semiotic projection. It certainly doesnt lead me to conclude Mayans bore witness to technology, alien or otherwise.

I could accept the argument that these could be birds. But birds don't have vertical stabilizers or a rudder. They look like planes.

And they don't just look like planes. They behave like planes, they have the aerodynamic quality of planes.

To conclude that they are not planes would be to reject the evidence.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
quite. i vote space ship, because i've taken the hallucinogenics. (ironic?)

I only relay the commonly held academic analysis. I'm not an archaeologist, tell them they are wrong.
I think you maybe confused about the Mayan civilization not having the wheel (they like the ancient Egyptians did not use wheels to move the large blocks of stone that made up their pyramids) however the same as the ancient Egyptians they did have the wheel (see the photo of Mayan toy and the Mayan spinning wheel also for the Egyptians see Tutankhamen's chariot

Attachments

• images mayan toy.jpg
    images mayan toy.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 104
  • imagesCAGYRN5P.jpg
    imagesCAGYRN5P.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This question has always interested me as "experts" say that it is impossible for ET's to have visited Earth. However, impossible by whose standards?

Scientists on Earth say that for life to exist a planet must have a certain balance and must have be in the right place in distance to a star...but that is only within the realms of our own scientific knowledge.

Some say that aliens would have to travel 4 million light years...who put that measure in place? Earth scientists using the theories that they have used based on what is available on Earth.

We just do not know whether Aliens exists?

The simple fact is that we should not be shackled by what we are told by experts who can only work within the scientific parameters that they know and have discovered on earth.

We get told that it's impossible for life to exist on other planets in our solar system, but that again, is only because we, as humans, have come to a probable conclusion that that is the case and we should not pre-determine what can and cannot be just because WE as a race have not been able to establish truly that this is the case.

There is also massive proof from Siberia and Antarctica that organisms can exist in environments that we previously thought were uninhabitable and more will, I'm sure be discovered in future decades and centuries - Long after we have become worm feed.

If we do become confined by what the scientific experts tell us, then what is the point in looking for new ways for the human race to evolve and reach out for life in the stars. After all, 500 years ago, who would have said that I would have been pressing buttons on an object which gives me moving pictures, sounds and can do so without wires and communicates with other people thousands of miles away within seconds? 500 years ago was when Galileo finally proved what the Ancient Greeks had been saying all along and that the earth wasn't flat!!!
Presumably Galileo wasn't a scientist or an expert then, and neither are the wizards and shamen studying life around thermal vents or inside glaciers etc. Because observation and investigation isn't the type of bullshit those scientists are into, the bastards.

I don't know who has been telling you it's impossible for life to exist on other bodies in our solar system, but every form of life we know needs liquid water to exist, hence why we look in the goldilocks zone for exo-planets. You can say either say that's based on a sample size of one ie one planet one basic model of life, or a sample size of millions ie every different thing that's alive on earth.

Science is the only way for humanity to reach out and evolve as you put it, but you also have to recognise the realities of it. You can extrapolate lots of ways we might do that from our current understanding and plenty of respected figures do. And if some new discovery is made that changes our understanding, that's science. Some people got excited about the faster-than-light neutrino as the first experimental evidence for string theory (rather than disproving relativity), until it turned out to be an error. Science is the only way to beat science. That's the whole point. The magical drivel some peddle on here is never going to get anybody anywhere.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There are some cool historical paintings which appear to depict flying craft, some with beings in them.

alien-painting.jpg

madona2.jpg

ufo_painting.jpg

moses_compressed.jpg

deg2.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I assume nothing. I deduce, from the evidence, that the Mayans had knowledge of aerodynamics. And in so doing, had knowledge which exceeded that which is commonly accepted to have existed at that time.

??? what i suggested was not a strawman, just an speculative observation. with anti-gravity, aerodynamic is obsolete. Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, medieval Italians and many others all have imagry and models of birds. do you deduce from that they have knowledge of aerodynamics? therefore you are making massive assumptions. that or regurgitating someone elses assumptions.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
??? what i suggested was not a strawman, just an speculative observation. with anti-gravity, aerodynamic is obsolete. Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese, medieval Italians and many others all have imagry and models of birds. do you deduce from that they have knowledge of aerodynamics? therefore you are making massive assumptions. that or regurgitating someone elses assumptions.

If their models are aerodynamically sound and can fly, and they have vertical stabilizers and rudders, then I would conclude that they have knowledge of aerodynamics. I would also re-think whether the models of birds, sporting rudders and vertical stabilizers, might not in fact be models of working aircraft.

None of this is illogical or unreasonable.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004

i have a theory that anti-gravity does not exist (ive never seen any proof of it anywhere) - gravity seems to be the only thing in our reality that has no opposite (or polarity the other way). gravity, therefore, is a symbol of unity - it has no duality. it also relates to the most important asana in yoga, shivasana (dead body) where one surrenders to gravity (unity).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i have a theory that anti-gravity does not exist (ive never seen any proof of it anywhere) - gravity seems to be the only thing in our reality that has no opposite (or polarity the other way). gravity, therefore, is a symbol of unity - it has no duality. it also relates to the most important asana in yoga, shivasana (dead body) where one surrenders to gravity (unity).

I like gravity.

Keeps my feet on the ground :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If their models are aerodynamically sound and can fly, and they have vertical stabilizers and rudders, then I would conclude that they have knowledge of aerodynamics. I would also re-think whether the models of birds, sporting rudders and vertical stabilizers, might not in fact be models of working aircraft.

no, the models based on some of the original shape (in the video, the cm scale Mayan models are very different to the 10x models), made by modern experts with different materials, added propulsion and control surfaces can fly. the originals cannot. as i say, the whole premise is built on a massive assumption that an alternative technologically adnvace civilisation would even need areodynamics*, which is rather bold. im sure the various UFO and alien authors have thought of that, could you tell us how they explain this?

*if you arent getting this, consider how we we launch and return space vehicles - big tubes up, blobs back down. the defunked Shuttle was an exception to the rule, glides rather strictly flying, for technical reasons behind its original inception of covert space operations. if i have a fancy esoteric power source, i can go up with out the big tube so we've left with a blob. up, down, sideways, no need for "wings".

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports