Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UFO's - Do you believe that Extraterrestrials have visited/are visiting this planet?

Extraterrestrial Visitation of Earth

• In the past yes, in modern times no

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • In the past yes, and in modern times yes

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • I believe they exist, but I don't believe they have ever been here

Votes: 83 49.7%
  • I don't believe in extraterrestrials

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Oh, for God's sake..

According to ancient teachings, when you look out of your eyes at the vast expanse of the universe, and when you look inside at the vast expanse inside yourself, You are looking at the same thing.

Contemporary science also tells us that we are not separate from the universe. We are part of the universe. The universe exists within us.

"As long as you still experience the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge." Fredrich Nietzsche

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
no, the models based on some of the original shape (in the video, the cm scale Mayan models are very different to the 10x models), made by modern experts with different materials, added propulsion and control surfaces can fly. the originals cannot. as i say, the whole premise is built on a massive assumption that an alternative technologically adnvace civilisation would even need areodynamics*, which is rather bold. im sure the various UFO and alien authors have thought of that, could you tell us how they explain this?

*if you arent getting this, consider how we we launch and return space vehicles - big tubes up, blobs back down. the defunked Shuttle was an exception to the rule, glides rather strictly flying, for technical reasons behind its original inception of covert space operations. if i have a fancy esoteric power source, i can go up with out the big tube so we've left with a blob. up, down, sideways, no need for "wings".

Nobody has suggested that the Mayans were a space faring race.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Funny how most sightings and people that have had probes are American.

Hardly the most intelligent race are they....................

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Funny how most sightings and people that have had probes are American.

Hardly the most intelligent race are they....................

Dude there are sightings all over the world, if you want to talk about hot spots it's South America, in particular Mexico.

And dude, just watch the video in the original post. Airline pilots and military pilots are trained observers. Not so easy to dismiss.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I think anyone that could actually say there is no other intelligent life anywhere in the whole cosmos is a complete and utter cockwit !!!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think anyone that could actually say there is no other intelligent life anywhere in the whole cosmos is a complete and utter cockwit !!!!

Agreed. I'd also like to add that anyone who genuinely believes aliens are pussy-footing about flattening wheat and barley and abducting deluded, attention-seeking Americans is a complete and utter cockwit!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Shakespeare's (Aka Francis Bacon) Hamlet, scene v

Incidentally meet Pallas Athena, who shakes the spear of wisdom at ignorance = Shakespeare

spearshaker.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Agreed. I'd also like to add that anyone who genuinely believes aliens are pussy-footing about flattening wheat and barley and abducting deluded, attention-seeking Americans is a complete and utter cockwit!

Brits are not known for their particular interest in UFOs. But did you know that the overwhelming majority of crop circles appear in southern England?

Strange.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Some are amazing. I find it hard to believe that there is any way for even a number of people to achieve this overnight without being seen. The precision is really only appreciable from above.

Crop_circles_Swirl.jpg

CropCircle3.jpg

409d9d129f

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm assuming you Google image searched for those pictures?
I just did the same and half of those 'photos' are from websites with names along the lines of UFO-evidence.com so I'm not really trusting them as a valid source. Who is to say they aren't photoshopped?

There are also plenty of crop circles on Google images of very human things, like the Firefox logo, ET, Elvis, etc. Personally I don't see crop circles as UFO evidence. They are very pretty and well-organised though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm assuming you Google image searched for those pictures?
I just did the same and half of those 'photos' are from websites with names along the lines of UFO-evidence.com so I'm not really trusting them as a valid source. Who is to say they aren't photoshopped?

There are also plenty of crop circles on Google images of very human things, like the Firefox logo, ET, Elvis, etc. Personally I don't see crop circles as UFO evidence. They are very pretty and well-organised though.

The level of detail etc in the pictures I posted are consistent with most crop circles.

This video explains a pretty good theory as to what the idea with these is, basically communication but specifically to communicate some kind of mathematical or geometric principles to us. Some of the images appear to actually be 2 dimensional representations of 3 dimensional geometric shapes. I think the filmmaker is also suggesting that some of these shapes (specifically the torus) are being depicted because these shapes reflect the structure of the universe, and also may have applications in clean energy generation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here