Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tyson Fury’s next fight

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Well his boasts about maybe being the greatest heavyweight in history are looking a bit doubtful now. Not sure Ali, Tyson, Lewis etc would have struggled as much against a man making his debut as a boxer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well his boasts about maybe being the greatest heavyweight in history are looking a bit doubtful now. Not sure Ali, Tyson, Lewis etc would have struggled as much against a man making his debut as a boxer.
Can't bring generations into this. Heavyweights now are faster, bigger, heavier and stronger than previous greats. Joe Louis, Ricky Marciano, Floyd Patterson? - they'd be eaten alive by the current top heavyweights.

Bottle though? - no comparison. They're all so busy avoiding each other these days. I think the worst of the recent rot set in when Wilder avoided AJ (the obvious world title unifier at the time - but I guess the USA just couldn't bear the world title not being theirs (or one of them at least, to keep their dignity and whatever of the world titles was left to them) so Wilder went for the 'easier' option of Fury - shame he didn't know that Fury could rise from the dead on a count of 8 and a half!

Last edited:

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I would love Usyk to win. I hate bullies and that is how fury is behaving. Goes on about having mental health problems and starts gobbing off at the first chance to usyk. The goodwill of the first Wilder fight is long gone.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Crazy that fury is running round Saudi gurning coked up to his eyeballs. Seems to have lost it again. Give this fight 50/50 chance of happening.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fury came across as a total arse (unsurprisingly). Hope he gets battered.
Unfortuantely what does get forgotten sometimes that he suffers with his mental health and is clearly bi polar.

The Press won't take that into account when putting him in front of a camera or placing a mic under his nose, but you never know what youre going to get with Fury, good or bad.

The one I feel for the most is his wife Paris, who has this kind of behaviour 24/7.

FWIW I think a fit a correctly trained Fury beats Usyk every time, he just too big and strong for him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Team Usyk!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Unfortuantely what does get forgotten sometimes that he suffers with his mental health and is clearly bi polar.

The Press won't take that into account when putting him in front of a camera or placing a mic under his nose, but you never know what youre going to get with Fury, good or bad.

The one I feel for the most is his wife Paris, who has this kind of behaviour 24/7.

FWIW I think a fit a correctly trained Fury beats Usyk every time, he just too big and strong for him.
It's not just Fury though, is it? I'll never understand why the majority of boxers have to resort to being such berks in order to 'sell' a fight? Not when this one in particular sells itself. Imagine if that happened before every football fixture – managers trash-talking their opposite number and slagging off the team. They would get laughed out of the press conference.

I'm no expert – so I'm happy to be shot down in flames – but I'm not sure being bi-polar manifests itself into switching from being an arse to complimenting someone within a matter of minutes. I would guess it's more likely to be all stage-managed nonsense (based on how other events like this one have played out).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No idea if he’s bi-polar or not. But, your last point is an interesting one. I remember an interesting interview with Usain Bolt and he spoke about being a true elite athlete is not only the physical talent but the mental fortitude to focus, train and consistently reproduce the goods in any environment or situation. I’m not convinced Fury has this and I think we are now starting to see his second fall from grace. I agree on his day, fit and trained he is a force for anyone, but like many football teams which can also beat anyone on their day, the days are not consistent enough and hence they are not truly elite. Maybe this is mental health, maybe he’s just not focused? No idea but I think he will get beaten by Usyk.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I honestly think it’s just the way Fury is. They are not a particularly PC crowd are they the travellers! It’s also nothing to do with interviewers catching him at a bad moment, he puts premeditated videos out on social media spouting all sorts of nonsense. Billy Joe Saunders is exactly the same, they tend to genuinely not give a toss what they say or do!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would love Usyk to win. I hate bullies and that is how fury is behaving. Goes on about having mental health problems and starts gobbing off at the first chance to usyk. The goodwill of the first Wilder fight is long gone.
Yep, this. Fury had a lot of support on NSC boxing threads a while ago, mainly based on him being an "entertainer" compared to AJ.

I'd suggest spending your days running round Saudi yelling at people, having fights against MMA fighters that look rigged, having a laughing stock dad and some very iffy connections will lose you all that support eventually.

If it really is his MH then he needs a MUCH better team around him.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023

I get the bi polar thing but he did star in a Netflix documentary so he’s hardly media shy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Has he actually been diagnosed with any mental health issues and/or bipolar?

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Usyk will want it more and that goes a long way in boxing
You can't just turn up in that game

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Watching the press conference where Fury is basically saying its an easy fight and throwing insults at Usyk, If I was part of Usyk's team I would have said how was your last performance against the MMA guy making his debut as a boxer.
Usyk can hardly speak a word in English, so he's not going to win any press conference against Fury's big mouth, but as he stated he will do his talking in the ring, and despite being British, I hope he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here