[Other Sport] Tyson Fury’s next fight

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Usyk does have a sense of humour

1000001177.png

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
What's worrying about it? He's 35 and hasn't had a serious fight in over two years...
Exactly, I don't know how he's been able to get away with it and keep his belts!

in the 8 years since he first won a world title he's boxed:
Sefer Seferi
Francesco Pianeta
Tom Swartz
Otto Wallin
Deontay Wilder x3
Derek Chisora
Dillian Whyte

Yet he's been able to hype himself to to the point where millions of people will tune in to a pay per view to watch him stink the place out against a novice boxer!

He will probably now find some way of swerving the Usyk fight, and take another 12 months off whilst still maintaining on social media that its everyone else's fault that he can't get a decent fight over the line.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worrying as he will lose his undefeated record to one of the big boys and I want him to retire undefeated having beaten Usyk and AJ.
That’s not going to happen Sheebs. Unless he trains like a mad man Usyk will murder him. Expect him to dodge it now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s not going to happen Sheebs. Unless he trains like a mad man Usyk will murder him. Expect him to dodge it now.
Disappointing - before this fight I’d have had fury to do him but he looked a shadow of himself last night. Never know though…!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nah. I wouldn't be so quick to write off fury. Ok he didn't train for this one and completely underestimated the rookie but he is still the best in my eyes.

Usyk is not a heavyweight and is way too small he will get crushed and fury will rightfully be favourite with the bookies if the fight ever happens. Usyk struggled against dubios ffs

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Exactly, I don't know how he's been able to get away with it and keep his belts!

Sefer Seferi
Francesco Pianeta
Tom Swartz
Otto Wallin
Deontay Wilder x3
Derek Chisora
Dillian Whyte

Yet he's been able to hype himself to to the point where millions of people will tune in to a pay per view to watch him stink the place out against a novice boxer!

He will probably now find some way of swerving the Usyk fight, and take another 12 months off whilst still maintaining on social media that its everyone else's fault that he can't get a decent fight over the line.
Boxing is so fickle isn't it. Yes he's been dodging the fights in the last year but who's he supposed to have fought ?!? Wilder was considered the best at the time and usyk has only just come on the scene as a big name. It's a shame he hasn't fought AJ hopefully that happens before he retires.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Boxing is so fickle isn't it. Yes he's been dodging the fights in the last year but who's he supposed to have fought ?!? Wilder was considered the best at the time and usyk has only just come on the scene as a big name. It's a shame he hasn't fought AJ hopefully that happens before he retires.
Usyk beat AJ in Sept 2021. He’s had two years to make a fight!

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
That was a complete joke and couldnt believe how poor Fury was. He didn’t look like he’d trained one day in preparation, and you could tell he had very little muscle mass under his flab, whereas usually he looks strong despite his appearance. I have loved the guy but I’m not sure he’s got enough fire in his belly anymore. Maybe Usyk can get the best out of him again. Time will tell.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Don’t read too much into last night.
Fury has always been inconsistent.
He delivers when it matters and will beat usyk.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh come on, apart from Wilder and maybe Whyte none of the boxers in that list you would consider to have been even top 10 at the time he boxed them! That's 2 top 10 fighters that he has faced in 8 years!

Instead of staying active against credible top 10 opponents and cementing his legacy he's spent his time retiring, un-retiring, performing in WWE, Netflix shows and writing books. Plus If he hadn't of offered the unified champion of the world a 70/30 split, and played his usual mind games, then the fight with Usyk would have happened by now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sefer Seferi
Francesco Pianeta
Tom Swartz
Otto Wallin
Deontay Wilder x3
Derek Chisora
Dillian Whyte

I think the public are starting to see through Fury now. He is what he is, but I’m enjoying Usyk and his humour and outlook on life a lot more….and calling Fury’s bluff with the 70/30 said a lot about the man.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was obviously in their contract that if it went the distance the Fury takes it, can tell that by Ngannou reaction. Wasn't fazed.

Fury didn't look fit at all.
Nail on head, can almost picture it last week, the Ngannou team were told, this is what we’re paying you, unless you knock him out, whatever the content and context of the ten rounds if it goes the distance Fury will win on points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
not sure I mentioned December. I think around Easter far more likely
I didn't say you mentioned it. But Dec 23rd was already pencilled in for Usyk v Fury, and OBVIOUSLY that has now been binned off till...well, whenever.

Now that plodding "bag of milk" (perfect description) got beat up by an amateur last night, he'll obfuscate until we're all bored off our tits again.

It would never cross my mind to actually PAY to watch another round of this overhyped borefest prick. Just retire now, and do us all a favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here