Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tyre Extinguishers

Is the action of Tyre Extinguishers justified?

• Yes there's a climate crisis

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Not sure, fence

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No it's unreasonable

Votes: 75 75.8%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unsurprisingly my (incredibly exciting, all action and in no way dull) Twitter feed is full of this kind of stuff.

There's a model on the road now (can't remember which) that's bigger and heavier than a Sherman tank.

[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] might have the image as this shite winds him up and rather considerately I usually @ him a new one.

Thanks. I did find this of how the 911 has changed over time...

055a872ce686df759cb4f1bf14e36a13.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My neighbour's got a Porsche SUV.

I'm no petrol-head, but this seems to completely remove the reason for having a Porsche. Porsche are famous for sports cars, not monstrosities like his white monster, that dwarfs all the other cars in our terraced street in the middle of Brighton.

I would imagine that the brand has cost him an extra ten or twenty thousand. I have no idea what makes people like him tick.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
‘Gas guzzlers’ are pretty unnecessary, yes. Loads of things are unnecessary and environmentally damaging.

That around 30% of respondents either support or may support criminal damage of peoples’ property says everything you need to know about the absolute state of a lot of people on this forum. Morons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still can't find the BMW image I want but I loves this

[tweet]1449243767240859650[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've a 4x4 I drive in to Brighton most days from out of town. It is comfortable to sit in whilst queing in the traffic. I'm also high up to see the scooters wizzing past the red lights. I've worked damn hard to be able to afford it.
I have a van I could drive instead. Indeed, the van allows me to park anywhere. Both do 40 MPG which in these days is pretty good. My Daughter has an 18 year old Skoda which probably causes more problems than my modern car.

I drive a small car (a Hyundai i10) because it's all I need, and because I think Chelsea tractors and 4x4 for road use are an excrescance and should be taxed to high heaven. But if they do 40 mpg (and I wish I could get anything as good as that from my bloody little Hyundai!) maybe I'll just abandon my principles when the horrible little thing stops working and I can justify binning it off and replacing it.
Do bull-bars have much negative impact on MPG ................ ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Liking the ads I’m getting while reading this thread…

0825ceed46185937b7054e68c7a940c1.jpg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good discussion to be having but doing this is bound to have 20x as much negative opinion for their ‘cause’ now. Idiots.

Expect a slue of copycat burks now to do it as well.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:D
There are some judgemental twats posting in this thread. **** me, the next time my neighbor fires up the BBQ, I'll be there with a bucket of water. And don't get me started on woodburners - let's block their flue, that'll learn em.

I couldn’t put it better myself.:lolol:
What can we pick on next, I wonder? Maybe those you choose to travel further than Peacehaven for their holidays.
Hey, you don’t have to go skiing or fly off to the sun for your holidays and if you do, you are a wa—er.:D

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good discussion to be having but doing this is bound to have 20x as much negative opinion for their ‘cause’ now. Idiots.

Expect a slue of copycat burks now to do it as well.

Much like the roads version, I'm conflicted

It's wrong but as protest statements go it's decent, proactive and creating a right old stink - which after all is the point.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
What I don't get is they also attacked fully electric SUV cars!!!! How can they claim it's a climate protest?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"we're gonna need a bigger tyre letdownerer'

FNXoXrkUYAABDEQ.jpeg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On a slightly serious note, ( sorry I know this is NSC) what is that kind of beast actually for ?

I used to work with an American who had a vee-hickle similar to that. (Back in Michigan, not in the UK). When I asked him he used it for, he said it was for, "haulin' lumba from Home Dee-Po"

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to work with an American who had a vee-hickle similar to that. (Back in Michigan, not in the UK). When I asked him he used it for, he said it was for, "haulin' lumba from Home Dee-Po"

that clears that up then

I took two garage doors to the tip on a roof rack of a MK1 Cortina last weekend. :rolleyes: need to up my game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
you could crush half a dozen ER twats in one go with one of those :lolol:

On a slightly serious note, ( sorry I know this is NSC) what is that kind of beast actually for ?
Blocking 4 American parking spaces, silly.

It just popped up on my adrenaline rush Twitter feed.
The comment attached was:-

'owner thinks I'm taking the photo because I approve.
Little does he know I'm laughing about it on Twitter'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here