Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tyre Extinguishers

Is the action of Tyre Extinguishers justified?

• Yes there's a climate crisis

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Not sure, fence

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No it's unreasonable

Votes: 75 75.8%

• Total voters

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
One of my neighbours had nails put under all four of his tyres the other week, unfortunately he didn't notice before pulling off and ended up with four slow punctures. He wasn't overly happy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes neither acts impact policy, taxation or legislation to drive any real change so why start a campaign of local vigilante action which borders criminality?

The SUV market was invented by commercial marketing and setting trends. The explosion of ownership is down to manufacturers marketing them as the car of choice to own for status, luxury, coolness or whatever else compels someone to buy what is in all logical assessment an illogical car. This trend has got everyone from Lamborghini to Kia making an SUV - even though the vehicle type might be completely outside their typical design DNA.

There seems no obvious means to reverse this mad car buying trend other than maybe attaching a stigma to owning them, making them 'uncool' therefore taking demand out of the market.

When I'm cycling down Portland Road and the traffic stops because a Range Rover and Porsche Cayenne can't get passed each other because both are the same width as a bus, then deflating their tyres is well down the list of things I'd like to do.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Misery and expense - a £25 tyre inflator from Amazon (use NSC link) plug into car lighter socket, inconvenience time 5 mins? Worth having one of those handy anyway to keep tyre pressures at max. efficiency.

If you think having your tyres slashed can be cured by a £25 tyre inflator suggests that you don’t drive and don’t understand the problem from a driver perspective.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you think having your tyres slashed can be cured by a £25 tyre inflator suggests that you don’t drive and don’t understand the problem from a driver perspective.

The report is that they are simply deflating the tyres. I'm only going off what I read in the link / news item. I'm not actually defending their actions either way.

“As far as we are aware, all of the incidents so far have been from tyres being deflated, rather than slashed or punctured."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here