Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tyre Extinguishers

Is the action of Tyre Extinguishers justified?

• Yes there's a climate crisis

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Not sure, fence

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No it's unreasonable

Votes: 75 75.8%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Ludicrous isnt it . . .a new mondeo is exactly twice the weight of a mk1 Cortina, its natural predecessor.

theres one of these next door . . . .utterly preposterous turd.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That Merc is based on a 1972 design I believe so not exactly modern!

A friend who runs the local Garage/MOT station said they drive worse than most cars , absolute pigs. probably akin to a land rover, agricultural farm machinery.

@ £55k for a 7 year old car its nothing more than a status symbol /dog walking van for a poseur

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't own an SUV. But if I did, and I ventured out to find one of these eco-goons on my driveway deflating my tyres, then unless they were built like Jack Reacher I would likely invest in delivering an absolute shoeing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have thought a better approach from these criminals would be to go around and check the tyre pressure of these vehicles, and then inflate the tyre to the correct pressure, as everyone knows that under inflated tyres means lower fuel economy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...and which is more fuel efficient?

That rather missed the point.

How much more fuel efficient would the new car be if they were the same size?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I don't own an SUV. But if I did, and I ventured out to find one of these eco-goons on my driveway deflating my tyres, then unless they were built like Jack Reacher I would likely invest in delivering an absolute shoeing.

Do you mean to say their actions wouldn't change your mind to their causes :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ludicrous isnt it . . .a new mondeo is exactly twice the weight of a mk1 Cortina, its natural predecessor.

theres one of these next door . . . .utterly preposterous View attachment 145888

Unsurprisingly my (incredibly exciting, all action and in no way dull) Twitter feed is full of this kind of stuff.

There's a model on the road now (can't remember which) that's bigger and heavier than a Sherman tank.
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] might have the image as this shite winds him up and rather considerately I usually @ him a new one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A friend who runs the local Garage/MOT station said they drive worse than most cars , absolute pigs. probably akin to a land rover, agricultural farm machinery.

@ £55k for a 7 year old car its nothing more than a status symbol /dog walking van for a poseur

The G Wagon was subject to a complete redesign in 2018, only three things exist from the previous model, the headlamp washers, door handles and spare wheel cover, nothing else exists of the model before. I'd imagine it is a somewhat different driving experience now and it complies with all global safety and emission requirements, not that that makes it in any way planet friendly with a 4 litre V8 and 17MPG. And it you want to see maybe 6 or 7 of the most expensive models (£150K+) then go to the training ground on any given day when the first team are in training.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
This mob have some heavy lifting to do in West Chiltington, every other car is an SUV (usually driven about a foot on my side of the road as well).

Personally have a hybrid and an even more environmentally friendly motorcycle - having said that the latter does give a bit of Noise Pollution from the Track Yoshimura 'silencer' :lolol:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Are you suggesting that the flyer they leave underneath your wiper that reads, "We have deflated one or more of your tyres. You'll be angry but please don't take it personally" wouldn't mollify you? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you suggesting that the flyer they leave underneath your wiper that reads, "We have deflated one or more of your tyres. You'll be angry but please don't take it personally" wouldn't mollify you? ???

No moreso than if if my window cleaner curled out a vince in my firepit, and smeared it on my patio door spelling out the words "No hard feelings bro, LOL!".

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
...but the other other cars are all Honda Jazzss.

Also driven over the middle of the road by Old Biddies who suddenly look away from what they were doing and yank their vehicle back onto their side while giving you a filthy look. I'm used to West Chilts drivers these days... :facepalm:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don’t own an SUV or have a personalised number plate, but I can’t say I get that worked up about those who do.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There are some judgemental twats posting in this thread. **** me, the next time my neighbor fires up the BBQ, I'll be there with a bucket of water. And don't get me started on woodburners - let's block their flue, that'll learn em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here