Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Derby Fans in Court...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hahaha and you're the chap who didn't respond to my post last week aren't you when challenged to!!!

Not a hypocrite at all..................last week wasn't 'rounding on' anyone my point was why is it acceptable to make derogatory comments about scottish people (I believe 'mac w@nkers' was your description) but i bet nobody would dare make derogatory comments about a large congregation of asian people. I asked you what pre-fix would you use equivalent to your 'mac' one about scottish people to describe asian people and you prompty............................dissapeared!!!!

I think, if they were wankers, I'd probably just call them wankers. I'm not sure there is an equivalent prefix I'd use. If they were all Asian, and it was in any way relevant to WHY they were being wankers, then I guess I'd call them Asian wankers?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In the ground a bit of banter is fine but when leaving my young son and I had to go past the Derby fans, one of which was less than a foot away from me shouting about ******s and so on, absolutely no need especially as he should have been celebrating his team's win. Was I offended? No but was I annoyed? Yes. Why? Why should my young son hear that crap. There's no need. IF he was nicked subsequently so be it. Good.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The 'outrage' about their arrests makes me laugh. Does anyone really think they've been nicked for chanting one of the old and boring homophobic standards? Just can't imagine the police getting involved with that at all. That could just about count as 'banter' I suppose - hard to imagine that most gay people would be mortally offended. Just one of those moronic things they'd expect. But if there's a more aggressive, abusive tone to it, then nick them every time as far as I'm concerned. Just not necessary. I'm sure they'd have been told to moderate their behaviour first.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Could not agree more with you. Where will it end?? I remember the vile abuse David Beckham used to get about his family, didn't see anyone get nicked for that let alone end up in court but hey it doesn't tick any 'hate crime' or 'diversity' boxes does it.

If you got you're house broken into you probably wouldn't even see a policeman, perhaps the police should get their priorities right and target proper crime instead of trying to prove how 'inclusive' they are.

Harmless banter is all it is, if it offends you dont come to football.

And that is exactly what has happened with regards to large portions of the population to the detriment of football as a whole. The number of non-white football supporters that you see at most matches is tiny in comparison to the proportion of the population they make up and miniscule in comparison to the ratio of non-white players.

The easy answer I've seen quoted is that football is not part of "their culture", which is patent nonsense when you look at the make up of almost any team in Europe. The honest answer I believe is that there is a perception that racial animosity still exists amongst football fans, deservedly or not, and whilst this perception continues to exist then football clubs are missing out on a large number of potential supporters and the associated revenue streams.

To simply say if you are offended by the attitude and "banter" of some fans then don't go to football matches is simply not good enough - their are far greater numbers of people who may be offended than there are those wishing to offend.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The chanting is fair cop to be honest, it is just banter.
What aggrieves me is the more personal stuff, you know the shit that you get in the queue at the station. I can't remember which team it was last season, but there was one lovely chap telling a middle aged Albion fan how he had aids and that he used his own son as some kind of sex toy, this is the kind of stuff that deserves police intervention.

Funnily enough the away fan wasn't so brave when I stuck up for the chap and and his son when I went face to face with him, being 6'5" and nigh on 19 stone, after telling him to pipe down, he did saunter off with his tail between his legs.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Millwall will take it to a whole new level and how many of them will be arrested ?, I would guess 0. Does anyone seriously think these fans were arrested for chanting " does your boyfriend know your here " ? GET REAL.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If I remember rightly the police took a bit of a night off last season in the Millwall end, it looked as if they just didn't fancy risking upsetting them. Be interesting to see how it goes this month.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And that is exactly what has happened with regards to large portions of the population to the detriment of football as a whole. The number of non-white football supporters that you see at most matches is tiny in comparison to the proportion of the population they make up and miniscule in comparison to the ratio of non-white players.

The easy answer I've seen quoted is that football is not part of "their culture", which is patent nonsense when you look at the make up of almost any team in Europe. The honest answer I believe is that there is a perception that racial animosity still exists amongst football fans, deservedly or not, and whilst this perception continues to exist then football clubs are missing out on a large number of potential supporters and the associated revenue streams.

To simply say if you are offended by the attitude and "banter" of some fans then don't go to football matches is simply not good enough - their are far greater numbers of people who may be offended than there are those wishing to offend.

good post :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The 'outrage' about their arrests makes me laugh. Does anyone really think they've been nicked for chanting one of the old and boring homophobic standards? Just can't imagine the police getting involved with that at all. That could just about count as 'banter' I suppose - hard to imagine that most gay people would be mortally offended. Just one of those moronic things they'd expect. But if there's a more aggressive, abusive tone to it, then nick them every time as far as I'm concerned. Just not necessary. I'm sure they'd have been told to moderate their behaviour first.

Spot on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The chanting is fair cop to be honest, it is just banter.
What aggrieves me is the more personal stuff, you know the shit that you get in the queue at the station. I can't remember which team it was last season, but there was one lovely chap telling a middle aged Albion fan how he had aids and that he used his own son as some kind of sex toy, this is the kind of stuff that deserves police intervention.

Funnily enough the away fan wasn't so brave when I stuck up for the chap and and his son when I went face to face with him, being 6'5" and nigh on 19 stone, after telling him to pipe down, he did saunter off with his tail between his legs.

Good for you. I wish more of our fans would do that instead of 'it's only banter' when clearly it isn't.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
"Does your boyfriend know your here" will not get you arrested, however going round shouting "You've all got aids" will get you spoken to by the police - this is generally the kind of stuff people are getting arrested for.

Im sure it will eventually come out what actually got said though. The amount of people who always say "Its only banter" is pretty annoying nowadays - the word banter shouldnt exist the way it gets over used, especially for things that arent banter at all.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Ridiculous comment. Do you expect 1/20 of our fan base to be Argentinian? 1/3 to be Spanish?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"Does your boyfriend know your here" will not get you arrested, however going round shouting "You've all got aids" will get you spoken to by the police - this is generally the kind of stuff people are getting arrested for.

Im sure it will eventually come out what actually got said though. The amount of people who always say "Its only banter" is pretty annoying nowadays - the word banter shouldnt exist the way it gets over used, especially for things that arent banter at all.

Is the correct answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here