Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Derby Fans in Court...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really don't think it's worth wasting money on taking people to court for this. The best way to deal with these Gents is to simply ban them from all football grounds and make them do community service on every Saturday afternoon of the football season.

erm. How are you going to give them Community Orders without taking them to court?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Millwall could be 100+ if it weren't for all the police being otherwise engaged

Feel sorry for Darren and his team. There is a line where banter turns nasty and it isnt easy. I saw and heard one lad in the van after the Derby game and he had every chance to have gone home with a warning but just would not let up.

Stewards wont have the balls to pick out any from the Leeds or Millwall travelling contingents, they'll continue to pick on the smaller teams with fewer fans where there's less chance of getting a slap (although I believe some Derby did anyway, well done them) whilst the big teams who sing much worse chants will continue to get away with it. It's how it worked at the Withdean with standing and it will continue to happen at the Amex with Homophobia.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Being a self confessed Nancy and possibly the biggest Pretty boy on NSC, I really don't think it's worth wasting money on taking people to court for this. The best way to deal with these Gents is to simply ban them from all football grounds and make them do community service on every Saturday afternoon of the football season.

Makes more sense. Maybe they can force them to steward at next years Pride?! :whistle:

Fixed penalty for this type of crime. Get it on the statute book. Is it really worth taking them to court? Just ban them from all grounds.
How do you like your policing?

Governed by the principle of "innocent until proven guilty"? Or "found guilty on the say-so of one police officer"?

I guess we all yearn for the day when the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is consigned to the bin, alongside all that Euro-nonsense that makes Theresa May's job so difficult.

Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: "Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.".

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
erm. How are you going to give them Community Orders without taking them to court?

That's a point well made! Maybe they could slap down on-the-spot fines? Similar to when they catch people pissing in public.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A round 76

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Fixed penalty for this type of crime. Get it on the statute book. Is it really worth taking them to court? Just ban them from all grounds.

Bollox! It is stupid criminalising people for such a silly thing. What is the UK coming to? Real criminals get away scott free, and these people end up in court.

Trust me, I hate our beloved team being tainted by such a slur, but it is not worth wasting tax payers money taking things to court - unless it involves threatening behaviour or physical assault.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bit over the top if you ask me , when will it end ? How many Brighton fans sing 'You fat *******' is that not the same ? when will that become a criminal offence ? Just a bit of banter if you ask me does no one any harm , sticks and stones and all that ! Now they will get a fine and have to come all the way from Humberside for the court hearing , well over the top !

This is my opinion and away supporters can call me all what they want and will get it back ))) no wonder there is no atmosphere these days.

South Cave near Brough is in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
How do you like your policing?

Governed by the principle of "innocent until proven guilty"? Or "found guilty on the say-so of one police officer"?

I guess we all yearn for the day when the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is consigned to the bin, alongside all that Euro-nonsense that makes Theresa May's job so difficult.

Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: "Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.".

Not saying I agree or disagree, but there are plenty of offences for which you can be fined, or issued with a fixed penalty on the say so of a police officer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what happens when we sing "You dirty northern *******s" can we be arrested for "northernism" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here