Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I meant reluctant to lead ie the opposite of Trump

How about just ‘can’t lead’.

As a boy, he declared he wanted to be ‘king of the world’. He has always wanted to be PM but leadership or judgment (not relating to his personal ambition) have never been skills he has been blessed with.

I agree that his method is probably the opposite to Trump’s authoritarian style.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

As a boy, he declared he wanted to be ‘king of the world’. He has always wanted to be PM but leadership or judgment (not relating to his personal ambition) have never been skills he has been blessed with.

I agree that his method is probably the opposite to Trump’s authoritarian style.

I agree that his method of leadership is the opposite of Trump's style, but his media approach is similar: Mixing truth with half-truth and all out nonsense so it's impossible to see what's actually happening is par for the course. It's been well reported that he's an admirer of Trump's relationship to the truth with the media.

I don't really think Boris is a bad person, just a bad leader. Trump is a hideous human and a worse leader.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The sad reality is we have a lot of leftie tossers like Owen Jones, Caroline Lucas etc going off on one tonight.

Yet all summer we’ve had Antifa violence against individuals, torching businesses, cars and other private property and we hear nothing.

What would have happened if Trump had won this election and Antifa had stormed the Capitol Building? The same leftie tossers would be rejoicing calling it legitimate protest and rightful revolution.

These lefty commentators are as vile as Trump and his ilk.

There's a quaint old expression, "when you're in a hole, stop digging". This might be good advice for you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Quite possibly, yes, always remembering that leadership doesn’t actually fit his political philosophy. I declared I wanted to be a train driver when I was a boy and didn’t achieve that either !

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Good to see Pastafarian representing

[tweet]1346575085369520132[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Has this been posted? At least one person was paying attention.

[tweet]1341016471795843080[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
For some reason, when I heard about Trump being locked out of his SNS I was surprised to see he had an instagram account. I'm used to him lying and raving on twitter. The thought of him taking pictures of his lunch and selfies just seems weird. (yes I know he probably doesn't run it himself)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Farage originally said Trump wasn't his cup of tea till he saw it as an opportunity to further himself and get a pay cheque

Quite a few Tory ERG types like Trump, loons like Andrea Jenkyns...

Instead he lost a pay cheque.

[tweet]1325850639574863872[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree that his method of leadership is the opposite of Trump's style, but his media approach is similar: Mixing truth with half-truth and all out nonsense so it's impossible to see what's actually happening is par for the course. It's been well reported that he's an admirer of Trump's relationship to the truth with the media.

I don't really think Boris is a bad person, just a bad leader. Trump is a hideous human and a worse leader.

I agree with the first bit but I actually think Boris is a bad person too.

His personal life is a sordid list of lies, broken families, phone calls to arrange beatings and controversial name calling & abuse. You can catch the temperament of the man by analysing how he tackles children in a friendly rugby game or opposing footballers in a celebrity friendly. That said, he does contain a charm that seduces milllions though, a charm I can’t see in Trump, I just see a horrid ***t.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with the first bit but I actually think Boris is a bad person too.

His personal life is a sordid list of lies, broken families, phone calls to arrange beatings and controversial name calling & abuse. You can catch the temperament of the man by analysing how he tackles children in a friendly rugby game or opposing footballers in a celebrity friendly. That said, he does contain a charm that seduces milllions though, a charm I can’t see in Trump, I just see a horrid ***t.

Yes. I posted on this before. He has the gift to make people like him. You need to stay very focused to not be seduced. I have worked with a couple of blokes like him, professors who have drug companies falling over themselves to give them money, even though their research is second rate (at best); emoters, salesmen.....and yet when I meet them amd listen to them I actually want to believe their lies.

In the case of Boris this talent has compensated hugely for his shallow capabilities and his inner unpleasantness.

It seem we love people with confidence and shamelessness. A third of the nation wants to be them, and another third wants to shag them. The rest would be reluctant to extinguish the flames if (you can guess the rest). This has nothing to do with politics, class or intelligence either, which is how they get away with it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
[tweet]1346575085369520132[/tweet]

MV5BMTU2NDgxYWQtZjdjYS00MWZlLWIxZGQtZjU3NjVmNjYyMDc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY0NzcxNw@@._V1_.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes. I posted on this before. He has the gift to make people like him. You need to stay very focused to not be seduced. I have worked with a couple of blokes like him, professors who have drug companies falling over themselves to give them money, even though their research is second rate (at best); emoters, salesmen.....and yet when I meet them amd listen to them I actually want to believe their lies.

In the case of Boris this talent has compensated hugely for his shallow capabilities and his inner unpleasantness.

It seem we love people with confidence and shamelessness. A third of the nation wants to be them, and another third wants to shag them. The rest would be reluctant to extinguish the flames if (you can guess the rest). This has nothing to do with politics, class or intelligence either, which is how they get away with it.

Whatever Boris has, it's a bloody good job otherwise we would have had a Corbyn government and an appeasers Brexit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meanwhile, on a residential street near the Capitol...

[TWEET]1347002291249770496[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports