Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw a comment last night trying to equate Trump with the Tories. This morning I logged in to see if I had missed anything from the US news channels as I only have the BBC and Sky. First thing I read was about Priti Patel who is actually irrelevant to the story. Oh well, it really is preaching to the converted though. Sorry I commented.

Perfectly fair to comment. As [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] says most tories detest Trump, and most people know that. Some slaves of Boris, however, perhaps not, albeit the Venn diagram probably has limited overlap. :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
mmmm....

I'd have to disagree with that. Not many politicians "sucked up to him" - they deflected the question and "respected" the position of President.

Boris with all his faults did call him out quite famously in an interview before he was elected.

Quite a few Tory MPs calling out Trump now too. You can't condemn division on one country and simultaneously stoke it up at home.

Farage didn't suck up to him - He virtually sucked his dick

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Today has made it clear (if it wasn't clear before to many of us) how right wing (and majority racist) the US forces of law and order are. I'm no big fan of BLM (black lives matter, yes, absolutely, just not so keen on the variety with capital letters if you know what I mean) but when they held a demo, the police (or were they the National Guard?) were all tooled up in riot gear and ready to rumble - today? - just a token police presence and a bit of token resistance. Hell's bells - the average US policeman on the beat is more tooled up and aggressive than that lot today!

Nothing's changed - going back to my younger days in the 60s it was just the same. National Guard (and generally the police too) were always that way. "What's that? Some ni88er leading a protest march to Selma Alabama? Hey man, hold on, I'll get me coat and get tooled up and be there before you can say Uncle Tom's effin' Cabin" ...... "Huh, some kids protesting about the Viet Nam war? - Geez, un-American traitors, just let me get at those commie feckers" ............. "Democratic Convention in Chicago 1968, Mayor Daley says some leftie is trying to get the nomination - huh! Not in the Yewnited States if I can help it!" ...... get the picture?

So today, token police presence; no tear gas, let alone guns. I understand the Mayor called for the National Guard .............. but sure as f*** those good ol' boys sure took their time getting there! TBH, even though Washington is now under curfew, which'll take some policing, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the good ol' boys haven't turned out yet!

We don't agree on some things but this is spot on.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know many Tories, to a person, they all despise Trump and have throughout the last 4 years. Not one was wooed by the Make America Great Again dog whistle.

I do know a few who adore Trump. They’re flat earthers, of the anti-vax, Gates/Clooney/Clinton’s are child murdering paedo’s, Icke’s a legend gormless brigade. Previously not particularly interested in party politics. Closet or Facebook converted racists and liars who’ve crept out of the woodwork.

It’s lazy to align all or most Tories with the bearded scum who violently broke into The Capitol. From what I’ve seen, 90% of Brits have no time for Trump and his bearded henchmen.

This, I couldn’t stand Trump, his family or any of his filthy hangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Farage didn't suck up to him - He virtually sucked his dick

Farage originally said Trump wasn't his cup of tea till he saw it as an opportunity to further himself and get a pay cheque

Quite a few Tory ERG types like Trump, loons like Andrea Jenkyns...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Perfectly fair to comment. As [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] says most tories detest Trump, and most people know that. Some slaves of Boris, however, perhaps not, albeit the Venn diagram probably has limited overlap. :thumbsup:

That’s fair. My take is that equating Trump and Boris is to misunderstand their politics. Boris is a libertarian and seemingly reluctant leader. As many have pointed out he is more likely to react than act decisively hence the poor messaging in the Covid crisis. Trump is the antithesis. He is a type of fascist and personal power is everything. He inclines towards belligerence, authoritarianism, racism and violence to achieve his ends. His reaction to Covid is to deny its existence. Boris is/has been ambitious but no more than many prominent politicians and business people. Exaggerating the faults of Boris and the Tories by comparison with Trump is just a proxy for disagreements on other issues and does nothing to advance those arguments. Boris condemned the events in Washington very quickly and no serious commentator would suggest he and his Government would be anything other than appalled by last nights events.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Was great they pushed on with this overnight, democracy has been tested to the limit. But it will ultimately prevail..
Indeed, despite the worst efforts of extremists democracy eventually prevails ... good to see the US following our lead.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I meant reluctant to lead ie the opposite of Trump

I don't think it's a matter of reluctance (as Michael Heseltine once said 'Boris waits to see the way the crowd is running then dashes in front shouting follow me').

I think it's simple competence and ability, but I'll leave it there :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The support or otherwise of Trump in the UK is not a question of left versus right, it’s of decency.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Farage originally said Trump wasn't his cup of tea till he saw it as an opportunity to further himself and get a pay cheque

Quite a few Tory ERG types like Trump, loons like Andrea Jenkyns...

Thats called ''Prostitution'' then

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s fair. My take is that equating Trump and Boris is to misunderstand their politics. Boris is a libertarian and seemingly reluctant leader. As many have pointed out he is more likely to react than act decisively hence the poor messaging in the Covid crisis. Trump is the antithesis. He is a type of fascist and personal power is everything. He inclines towards belligerence, authoritarianism, racism and violence to achieve his ends. His reaction to Covid is to deny its existence. Boris is/has been ambitious but no more than many prominent politicians and business people. Exaggerating the faults of Boris and the Tories by comparison with Trump is just a proxy for disagreements on other issues and does nothing to advance those arguments. Boris condemned the events in Washington very quickly and no serious commentator would suggest he and his Government would be anything other than appalled by last nights events.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here