Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just remembered another one:

This pile of shite came between the brilliance of Volume IV and Physical Graffiti :ohmy:

HotH.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry. My point is that TGE was a significant departure from what went before, and that that catalogue should not be lumped with it.

(although Mello has now listed There's No Other Way on his blacklist, so he's plainly just a simpleton)

Guessing you're a fan of the Austin Powers OST as well, then?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Ah, I reckon three of New Order's best tracks are on this album: Sunrise (one of the best 'intros' to a song ever), Love Vigilantes and Sub-culture !

I'll give it another go. Probably doesn't help that the last time I listened, it was a really boring, rainy Sunday. Still, Bizarre Love Triangle, All Day Long, Weirdo...great works of art!

Right, a few more:
Prince - Graffiti Bridge. The last Prince album I ever bought. The only Prince album I ever bought that I sold on eBay.
REM - anything after Document. As Hans Kraay FC says, they lost it.
Low - Drums and Guns. Just can't find anything to love about this album. Sadly.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
'The Cost of Loving' by The Style Council isn't one of Mr Weller's finest moments but it's better than the house one that didn't see an official release.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
zzzz.

No.

(I nominate everything INTERPOL have ever made. ALL shit)

not really

Seriously though, that bit coming out of the chorus is PAINFULLY cringeworthy. At 1:18 seriously, listen to that and tell me it doesn't make you want to hack off your own ears. Actually, the whole song.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I struggle to complain at any of Damon Albarn's work. You've got to respect someone who is prepared to risk his reputation by constantly experimenting. Yes, some of it is not as good as the others (Gorillaz also produced some great stuff and some not so good), but at least he's put it out there. Compare this to the Gallaghers and their dated whiney stuff which all got very, very boring.

Demo-crazy is rubbish. For some bizarre reason, I have three copies of this.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Seriously though, that bit coming out of the chorus is PAINFULLY cringeworthy. At 1:18 seriously, listen to that and tell me it doesn't make you want to hack off your own ears. Actually, the whole song.

If you want a bad song off Leisure, I'd recommend Bang. Terrible. Catastrophically disappointing third single. Can still remember playing it for the first time and wondering why they thought this was worth releasing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you want a bad song off Leisure, I'd recommend Bang. Terrible. Catastrophically disappointing third single. Can still remember playing it for the first time and wondering why they thought this was worth releasing.
Utter nonsense. Nothing wrong with Bang at the time, if a little dated now.

The Happy Monday's Yes Please however, is a different story absolute shite with nothing even half decent to redeem it.

absolutely love it. Not justifying it but you know the story, it was knocked out in about 5 minutes in Eddy Grant's(?) studio in St Lucia (?) (I stand to be corrected on both points) Shaun Ryder added the vocals at a later point in a recording studio up by East Grinstead. For a car crash of an album I think it turned out ok

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
absolutely love it. Not justifying it but you know the story, it was knocked out in about 5 minutes in Eddy Grant's(?) studio in St Lucia (?) (I stand to be corrected on both points) Shaun Ryder added the vocals at a later point in a recording studio up by East Grinstead. For a car crash of an album I think it turned out ok

Bloody hell, really. I think it sounds like a car crash. Not nearly as interesting as the story of its creation :). The worst Monday's album by a country mile.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think that Second Coming is actually a good call. I say this as a HUGE Roses fan, but it is SO poor in comparison to the first.

Its sole redeeming feature is Ten Story Love Song, which is MAGNIFICENT.

I do love that song, but there's a few other decent tunes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tusk...fleetwood mac

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Agree with the first few posts , St Anger by Metallica is not good . I would extend that to Load and ReLoad as well. Everything else bloody brilliant.
Also
Never Say Die- Black Sabbath . Cool sleeve though . Can't comment on the other albums in between Born Again and Dehumanizer as not heard them.
Final Cut -Pink Floyd seemed to be a wimper after The Wall and almost a lead into Water's Pros and Cons of Hitchiking. Have to disagree with some on here .Very much enjoyed the Gilmour driven Floyd albums that followed.
Last but not least an absolute nail in the coffin of a truly great band. Cut the Crap by the Clash... Truly dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here