Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I'm guessing I won't have many people agreeing with me on this, but having loved WYWH and Animals, I thought The Wall was a bloated pile of self-indulgent turd.

There, I said it.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Hello Pig by the Levellers

I have loved pretty much everything that The Levellers have done, apart from the majority of this CD! Dire, even the band say it was a low point!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm guessing I won't have many people agreeing with me on this, but having loved WYWH and Animals, I thought The Wall was a bloated pile of self-indulgent turd.

There, I said it.

I absolutely agree, it is one long self indulgent whine from Waters about how terrible it is to be rich and famous - the only exception being Comfortably Numb for THAT guitar solo.......

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I absolutely agree, it is one long self indulgent whine from Waters about how terrible it is to be rich and famous - the only exception being Comfortably Numb for THAT guitar solo.......

Wrong, wrong, wrong and thrice wrong about The Wall!

Although, you couldn't be more right about THAT guitar solo which still has the power to thrill and reduce me to tears every time I hear it. As an aside, like me, do you always play it on 11 as well?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Doesn't appear to have come up as yet and possibly wrong demographic but how could Led Zeppelin end up releasing In Through the Out Door?

Utter toilet without a single track that would have got near any of their previous albums. :wozza:

A couple of weeks after it was released I had to go into college and suffer the abuse of all my mates who were into punk. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can I just point out this thread is about truly appalling and shocking albums. Some albums might be poor but nowhere near the shite I presented in my opening post.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Wrong, wrong, wrong and thrice wrong about The Wall!

Although, you couldn't be more right about THAT guitar solo which still has the power to thrill and reduce me to tears every time I hear it. As an aside, like me, do you always play it on 11 as well?

We will have to agree to disagree about The Wall, perhaps I'm a bit of a strange one when it comes to The Floyd as my favourite Album is Atom Heart Mother and my favourite Track is Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast; many say it is unlistenable garbage, I say it is the summer of 1970 captured.

Oh and Comfortably Numb MUST be played on 11 of course! :thumbsup:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
absolutely love it. Not justifying it but you know the story, it was knocked out in about 5 minutes in Eddy Grant's(?) studio in St Lucia (?) (I stand to be corrected on both points) Shaun Ryder added the vocals at a later point in a recording studio up by East Grinstead. For a car crash of an album I think it turned out ok

Definately their worst album, but was really run down at the time as the media turned on them (rightly or wrongly), which hampered perceptions and sales, but wasnt/isnt as bad as it was made out to be. Theres some rubbish on there; Dustman, Theme from Netto to name but two, but some decent stuff as well; stinkin thinkin, monkey in the family, cowboy dave to name but three.

Add to that the disasterous tour that followed and the record and band were dead in the water Im afraid.

And yes the music was recorded at eddy grants studio, at great cost; financially and in many other ways, before the vocals were put down in Lingfield.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When The Rumblestrips released their first album, 'Girls and Weather', I was quite excited. I really liked that album, and live, they were excellent.

They followed it up with 'Welcome to the Walk Alone'. Bloody hell. It killed them off. They have since disappeared without trace.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Moby - Animal Rights has to rank as one of the worst albums of all time. Even Moby's manager acknowledged that it nearly ruined his career. I was a huge fan of Moby after the seminal classic 'Everything Is Wrong' - the remix album itself was pure joy but then as a protest against (in Moby's opinion) the dance industry's tacit acceptance/promotion of drugs he came out with a thrash metal album that was just so shitehouse it's barely listenable. I still feel aggrieved to this day that I spent good money on that rubbish.

New Order - Waiting for the Sirens Call is another shout. Could they have appeared less interested in making this album? I think not, it's just so naff especially when you consider that the album immediately prior to this was Technique. I don't think I've listened to this more than 5 or 6 times. So bad.

Richard Ashcroft's solo albums have generally been bad but United Nations of Sound is MOR hell. It sounds like it could have been written and performed by Michael Bolton.

Michael Jackson - Invincible was pee-poor awfulness. The real beginning of the end for him.

I'm sure there's others.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
U2 last album No line on the horison, with that awful get on your boots as 1st single. Big Country first 3 albums were good,but when downhill with everything after The Seer.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Arc by Neil Young. Probably seemed like a great idea after a few scoobies. It wasn't.

Outside or Earthling by Bowie - both pretty hit and miss. Mainly miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports