Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Drukqs by Aphex Twin. Played once & happily swapped it for a pint of lager.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I struggle to complain at any of Damon Albarn's work. You've got to respect someone who is prepared to risk his reputation by constantly experimenting. Yes, some of it is not as good as the others (Gorillaz also produced some great stuff and some not so good), but at least he's put it out there. Compare this to the Gallaghers and their dated whiney stuff which all got very, very boring.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Albarn over Oasis any day of the week. Far more to his work.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh no no no. The Great Escape was a massive dip. They more than made up for it with the next 3 albums.

Sorry. My point is that TGE was a significant departure from what went before, and that that catalogue should not be lumped with it.

(although Mello has now listed There's No Other Way on his blacklist, so he's plainly just a simpleton)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

I don't really consider TFC as a Floyd album; just a Roger solo album with the Floyd name on it. Rick Wright had been sacked by then and i know that Gilmour didn't really want to do it, contributed little to it and eventually asked (and was granted) to be taken off the production credits. It's only due to their contract with EMI that it was a Floyd album anyway; Roger wanted to release it as a solo job.

Floyd stuff after Waters left was AWFUL cheesy proggy 80s ****.

I quite liked The Division Bell, but then i'm a big fan of Gilmour's solo work. There were one or two good moments on A Momentary Lapse Of Reason (Learning To Fly, One Slip, Sorrow) but songs like The Dogs Of War are just unforgivable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I struggle to complain at any of Damon Albarn's work. You've got to respect someone who is prepared to risk his reputation by constantly experimenting. Yes, some of it is not as good as the others (Gorillaz also produced some great stuff and some not so good), but at least he's put it out there. Compare this to the Gallaghers and their dated whiney stuff which all got very, very boring.

Well said. 'The Good, the Bad and the Queen' album he made with Mick Jones is EXCELLENT, also.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Clash fired Mick Jones, then released Cut The Crap. Unbelievably bad album. Just shocking.

The last Strokes album was incredibly disappointing, but not surprising.

And The Ramones - how did they get away with End of the Century?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was listening to Palookaville by our very own Norman Cook earlier. What a pile of shite it is.

Since we know Our Norm was really Brighton Port Authority did ANYONE like the BPA album? Toe Jam is ok I suppose but the rest of it lasted about two plays.

Some Great songs on The Second Coming IMHO. I wouldn't call it awful, not great i will grant you, it just had too much to live up to.

The Happy Monday's Yes Please however, is a different story absolute shite with nothing even half decent to redeem it.

Yes Please is a great shout and a terrible album.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sorry. My point is that TGE was a significant departure from what went before, and that that catalogue should not be lumped with it.

(although Mello has now listed There's No Other Way on his blacklist, so he's plainly just a simpleton)

Graham became a little more influential from 'Blur' onwards, a heavier, less 'alwite me ol cockle' sound. Which was nice, seeing as he's probably the most gifted guitarist of his generation. OOO CONTROVERSIAL

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
'White Chalk' by PJ Harvey.

Bag o' shite.

Indeed. Can't believe that she then produced the utterly brilliant Let England Shake - one of the best albums ever!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can't stand 'Bossanova' by the Pixies either.

ps Mint condition CD available. All offers carefully considered. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here