Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Love Sparks,have done since I was about eight (1975) Some of the recent albums (Gratuatuous Sax onwards) have been pure quality, and all the ones from the seventies and early 80's are as fresh today as they were then, but the ones released between us drawing 2-2 with United and losing 3-1 to Notts Co forget em, maybe its a Wembley thing?

Excellent post

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Dreamtime.png

Outside the Gate.png

Last edited:

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Sort of in reverse..one of the big new reggae singers to appear for a few years, Chronixx has several very decent records out.
Saw him live last year, and he was unbelievably shit.

Me for Sizzla is my all time favorite reggae artist but my god has he brought out some truely shocking albums (along with some classics). Sometimes it is not good when you have a work rate which means you can bring out 5 odd albums a year.
Amazing live however.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Me for Sizzla is my all time favorite reggae artist but my god has he brought out some truely shocking albums (along with some classics). Sometimes it is not good when you have a work rate which means you can bring out 5 odd albums a year.
Amazing live however.

Ive always said, 'black woman and child' was brilliant....since then...not so much...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Give out but don't give up. Sorry Bobby, Rocks was a fun Stooges ripped single but the rest of it was fairly dull. Weatherall and Patterson/Weston were truly missed.

Jailbird was a great song!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Amazing live however.

By contrast, my favourite Reggae artist, Lee 'Scratch' Perry has released some marvellous albums over the decades, but is absolutely awful live; a rambling, shambling, mumbling, fool!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Vicious Cycle. Bobbins

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I love New Order - but all their albums released after 'Technique' (ie post 80s!) are pants. 'Brotherhood' wasn't much cop either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pop and Zooropa are practically the only U2 albums I like. #CONTROVERSIAL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Eagles - The Long Run
The Stones - Satanic Majesties Request

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Renegades by Rage Against The Machine was utter ballsacks compared to their other albums. Probably because it was covers.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
By contrast, my favourite Reggae artist, Lee 'Scratch' Perry has released some marvellous albums over the decades, but is absolutely awful live; a rambling, shambling, mumbling, fool!

Hes as mad as a box of frogs for real...but like you say, the albums are outstanding...
Was saying earlier...Chronixx has so many decent tunes out there at the moment...but saw him on tour here
last year, and it was seriously poor.
Some people are better just making records, some better live.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Zero 7 - Yeah Ghost
Their previous album, The Garden, turned many off, but having given it a chance with a few more listens, it grew into a favourite of mine. So far, Ghost has just got worse! The only decent track is the one with Martha Tilston doing the vocals.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bob Dylan's 1988 album Down in the Groove is truly awful .... yet I love all his other officially released stuff, even the much panned Dylan, Knocked Out Loaded and Christmas in the Heart!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
David Bowie - Pin-Ups
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

I liked Pin Ups but then I also liked every track he chose for the album and remember the originals. Much the same as most people might not be impressed by Jeff Lynne's tribute album Long Wave, which again I like because I liked the originals and he does a pretty good job on all the tracks.

I am also a massive Floyd fan but Water's black side pervaded the music too much by the Wall imo and I found the music very dirgy on the Final Cut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here