Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Floyd stuff after Waters left was AWFUL cheesy proggy 80s ****.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
By contrast, my favourite Reggae artist, Lee 'Scratch' Perry has released some marvellous albums over the decades, but is absolutely awful live; a rambling, shambling, mumbling, fool!

I can agree with that.
Saw him and Mad Professor at some night club in manchester when i was at uni about 6 years ago. Tbf i was also a rambling mumbling fool during that set also (if you get what i mean :drink::smokin: etc) and even then i could tell the drugs had taken a fairly hard hit on the old lad.
Mad Professor was good though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Saw Lee Scratch Perry at Concorde II. He was on a different planet, completely away with the fairies. Was supposed to see him with the Mad Professor at Concorde I once but Perry never turned up, so I think we got in half price!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Floyd stuff after Waters left was AWFUL cheesy proggy 80s ****.

Pulse was OK but in the main I agree with you. Their best stuff finished with Wish You Were Here imo

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I love New Order - but all their albums released after 'Technique' (ie post 80s!) are pants. 'Brotherhood' wasn't much cop either.

Brotherhood has two or three of their finest songs on it. I'd have put in Low Life instead - mostly quite dull, although I know this isn't the consensus opinion.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can agree with that.
Saw him and Mad Professor at some night club in manchester when i was at uni about 6 years ago. Tbf i was also a rambling mumbling fool during that set also (if you get what i mean :drink::smokin: etc) and even then i could tell the drugs had taken a fairly hard hit on the old lad.
Mad Professor was good though.

Put this in the reggae thread the other week....i think its dreadful myself..
Live Legend

Lee Scratch Perry - Coachella Festival, Indio, CA 4-12-2013

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0j52i0

SingleTrack
48m 56s

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Every single Stones album from Emotional Rescue onwards.

I lost interest after Some Girls, so can't comment on any of the later albums because I never gave them more than a brief listen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Also, pretty much everything Bowie has come out with since Scary Monsters.

With a possible exception for Let's Dance - I liked it at the time, but it sounds dated now.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Brotherhood has two or three of their finest songs on it. I'd have put in Low Life instead - mostly quite dull, although I know this isn't the consensus opinion.

Ah, I reckon three of New Order's best tracks are on this album: Sunrise (one of the best 'intros' to a song ever), Love Vigilantes and Sub-culture !

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I lost interest after Some Girls, so can't comment on any of the later albums because I never gave them more than a brief listen.

I'll grant you I haven't given them much time either, but then, when the songs the band themselves promote as the standout tracks are so ruddy awful, I don't really feel the need to dig too deep.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Also, pretty much everything Bowie has come out with since Scary Monsters.

With a possible exception for Let's Dance - I liked it at the time, but it sounds dated now.

Surprised that Tin Machine hasn't been mention yet :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pop and Zooropa are practically the only U2 albums I like. #CONTROVERSIAL

I only like the early ones. I find The Joshua Tree onwards pompous and unlistenable.

Can't believe no one's mentioned The Second Coming by The Stone Roses. Awful.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Give out but don't give up. Sorry Bobby, Rocks was a fun Stooges ripped single but the rest of it was fairly dull. Weatherall and Patterson/Weston were truly missed.

I still like that album. I can see why people hate it and the title track is bloody awful but I love Jailbard, Rocks and a few others.

The Johnny Cash and Dylan Christmas album's are poor whereas everything else i have by them is great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here