Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truly appalling albums by acts/bands you like

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
New Order - Waiting for the Sirens Call is another shout. Could they have appeared less interested in making this album? I think not, it's just so naff especially when you consider that the album immediately prior to this was Technique. I don't think I've listened to this more than 5 or 6 times. So bad.

Republic (1993) and Get Ready (2001) were between Technique (1989) and Waitng for the Sirens Call (2005). But yes, its a very, very poor effort.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
New Order - Waiting for the Sirens Call is another shout. Could they have appeared less interested in making this album? I think not, it's just so naff especially when you consider that the album immediately prior to this was Technique. I don't think I've listened to this more than 5 or 6 times. So bad.

The album immediately prior to this was Technique?!

No it wasnt.

The album prior to this was Get Ready. The album pruior to that was Republic. But the album prior to that WAS Technique!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We will have to agree to disagree about The Wall, perhaps I'm a bit of a strange one when it comes to The Floyd as my favourite Album is Atom Heart Mother and my favourite Track is Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast; many say it is unlistenable garbage, I say it is the summer of 1970 captured.

Oh and Comfortably Numb MUST be played on 11 of course! :thumbsup:

You had to be there at the time to truly appreciate Ummagumma I reckon and Atom heart Mother was a sensational move forward when it came out, imo. My favourite Floyd track is still Atom Heart Mother.

The Wall made me feel very depressed, one track already mentioned apart, why would I want to do that to myself?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My favourite Floyd track is still Atom Heart Mother.

Yep. 'If' is a work of beauty and that track with what sounds like church organs building up into a crescendo is quite sublime. I've never got on with Division Bell. Ummagumma was way too out there for my liking but 'Final Cut' is their worst, I reckon. It's as if Waters thought that we didn't all get the message with 'The Wall'. His 'Pros and Cons of Hitch-hiking' was boring too.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sorry Tinycowboy, but I'm with Peteinblack on this. Love Love Vigilantes especially.

OK - I'm getting the message! I will revisit. Still think that Brotherhood has some corkers in it. All Day Long is one of their great non-singles tracks, along with (non-Brotherhood tracks) Your Silent Face (ahhhh!! Perfection!) and Age of Consent.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can't stand is probably a bit strong, but the likes of Country House epitomises everything I hate about the 90s. Far better later in their career when they seemed more in competition with Radiohead rather than Oasis.

Not quite so keen on Radiohead's first album, beyond one obvious track. The rest of their output has been inventive and brilliant.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
OK - I'm getting the message! I will revisit. Still think that Brotherhood has some corkers in it. All Day Long is one of their great non-singles tracks, along with (non-Brotherhood tracks) Your Silent Face (ahhhh!! Perfection!) and Age of Consent.

I really like their early stuff although I haven't heard it for years, probably decades: Everything's Gone Green, for instance.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Lawyers In Love" by Jackson Browne, and "Good As I Been To You" by Bob Dylan. The only two albums I've ever given away.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I guess I had better come up with a Fall album and that wold be Ersatz GB from 2011. It's really not very good.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Massive Queen fan, but rarely listen to this.

hotspace.jpg

It's one saving grace is Under Pressure

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think it's their best.

Mike Joyce said it was his favourite, but I just don't listen to it much. The Queen Is Dead is my Smiths album of choice, perhaps my all-time album of choice. Maybe I was so mortified by their splitting up that I turned against Strangeways - or maybe it's just not morose enough for me, despite some dark subject matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here