Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Just endless threads on here about player X and player Y's form dipping. All bad luck apparantly, no organisational and leadership issues at all, no sireee

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've realised he is a summer player. It used to be a thing, I still think it is. He ends each season well and starts each season well, but the rest of it is very poor. Summer player.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He has something about him, to say proven in the Premier well that would be under the management of Potter. He started the season well but hasn't looked the same player since returning from injury, is that a fault of the manager or a fault of the player. These things are often psychological with players after injury.
For me Trossard needs to work harder on his own performance you can't fault the manager for not giving him the opportunity.

For me yesterday was one of his worst performances. Like a golfer with the yips, or a dart player with dartitis Trossard could not simply take the man on, beat him and cross it.

Time and again he looked like beating his man only to check, then try and beat him again, until he was inevitably crowded out or gave it away.

There are too many attacking players who have been under-performing for some time. Potter doesn't seem to be able to crack it, and that's a big worry.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Trossard is a good player who had a bad game on a shocking pitch.
This is when you realise that a lot of Brighton fans would rather have 11 cloggers on the pitch.
The sooner we get a big man upfront and start hoofing it to him, like they did when pitches were like last night, the better for them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've realised he is a summer player. It used to be a thing, I still think it is. He ends each season well and starts each season well, but the rest of it is very poor. Summer player.

And almost certainly not a "freezing cold away tie in the FA Cup against lower league opposition on a ploughed field" player

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is when you realise that a lot of Brighton fans would rather have 11 cloggers on the pitch.
The sooner we get a big man upfront and start hoofing it to him, like they did when pitches were like last night, the better for them.

I don't think it's just his performance last night being bought into question.

His ongoing form over a period of time is, I think, what is driving this discussion

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What annoyed me about last night's performance was the inability to pass to one of our players. Trossard seemed to me the main culprit last night and a player who plays in The Premier league, earning the colossal wage that they do passed to a Newport player on numerous occasions. Please someone come up with the stats to prove me wrong because I like Tross but last night he really rattled my cage when he misplaced a simple pass. I know the pitch could be used as an excuse.....it was awful but does everyone agree it was a poor showing on the ' passing' front or am I being too critical?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Then a manager would recognise this and not even have him in the squad? Give the place to someone who doesn't mind chilly balls.

Yeh, but i'm not sure we have a large number who do fancy that sort of occasion. In fact I think only 2, and they both play centre back

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

He was just as poor against Fulham.

Playing some quite strange cross field balls and generally giving the ball away.

I’m not buying the “it was the pitch”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What annoyed me about last night's performance was the inability to pass to one of our players. Trossard seemed to me the main culprit last night and a player who plays in The Premier league, earning the colossal wage that they do passed to a Newport player on numerous occasions. Please someone come up with the stats to prove me wrong because I like Tross but last night he really rattled my cage when he misplaced a simple pass. I know the pitch could be used as an excuse.....it was awful but does everyone agree it was a poor showing on the ' passing' front or am I being too critical?

I don't think anyone would defend Trossard performance last night.

But I'm not sure we need the pitchforks as some posters seem to have got out

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
passing along the ground to fresh air by a skilled player is extremely poor form . . . . AJ half tried and half succeeded but just not at the races yesterday, Trossard was like a ghost, just not there at all. one or two glimpses maybe, but way way off his capabilities.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that whilst GP has not lost the players, quite a few of them don't buy into his 'My little pony' dream football philosophy.

Whilst really good players may respond to that and have the cranial capacity and physical attributes to adapt, we don't have many players like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FWIW (absolutely nothing, say it again) I was just starting to think Trossard had finally shaken off his post Utd malaise.

Fingers crossed he can just put last night down as one of those things and carry on improving.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Do we have any stats for players giving away possession in dangerous areas with misplaced passes? He would surely feature big time.

I think the boy needs to go to bed earlier as those dark under eyes make him look knackered and/or ill!

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Had a poor game yesterday but let's not forget he got two assists in his last league game. If he sorts out his consistency he'll thrive.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
passing along the ground to fresh air by a skilled player is extremely poor form . . . . AJ half tried and half succeeded but just not at the races yesterday, Trossard was like a ghost, just not there at all. one or two glimpses maybe, but way way off his capabilities.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that whilst GP has not lost the players, quite a few of them don't buy into his 'My little pony' dream football philosophy.

Whilst really good players may respond to that and have the cranial capacity and physical attributes to adapt, we don't have many players like that.

I get the impression the GP brand utterly precludes individual brilliance in favour of the team dynamic (or pass and move interplay) a player like Tross thrives on beating men and (selfish) individualistic’moments.’ It’s my opinion that GP coaches this out of players in favour of his version of ball retention and slick passing... pass, move, pass, move, finish. If you analyse our play it’s what we do hence a ball carrier or carriers don’t really suit the ideology... that to my mind would frustrate a player like Tross hence his hang dog look and shoulder shrugging body language.

Players like him, Alzate, Izzy - they don’t fit the model - even Biss is carrying the ball less and less in the final third. GP likes his overlapping CBs to dribble out at pace but everyone one else is clearly instructed to let the ball do the work ... it doesn’t suit Tross at all in my opinion. A player like Vicente would also be told to pass at all costs, retain possession above all... Making us rather dull but possibly brilliant ... if the plan works. At the moment it’s not really having the desired effect.

I like watching ball carriers we all do, GP clearly prefers total pinball wizardry.

Hey ho.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was just as poor against Fulham.

Playing some quite strange cross field balls and generally giving the ball away.

I’m not buying the “it was the pitch”

It’s easier to count the games where he turns up.

Even Wolves, other than the first goal (when the defender slipped) giving him more space to cross, and taking a corner, he was largely anonymous.

(There was the phantom push as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Even Wolves, other than the first goal (when the defender slipped) giving him more space to cross, and taking a corner, he was largely anonymous.

So: two assists and an incorrectly ruled out goal = anonymous.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Wasn't it Trossard who slipped then recovered to get his cross in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here