Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Carlton Palmer has 18 England caps and Stephane Guiv'arch won the World Cup with France.

He was absolutely toilet tonight, unforgivably so for me. Did you see his body language? He couldn't be bothered - so **** him.

But we’ve seen him play amazing for us too right. That’s why it’s not super clear.

This ain’t Carlton Palmer. I’ve seen some incredible performances from Tross at the Amex, but somethings happened this season. Maybe it’s the effects of 2020.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He’s going rapidly downhill

He is.

It's the manager's job to turn this around ... Graham Potter has improved one of our attacking players , Solly.

The rest have stood still, like Ali J, aren't kicking on like you hoped they would, like MacAllister, or gone downhill, like Trossard, Maupay.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
He has been disappointing given the great start he had in the first 5 games or so when he first arrived.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He was ****ing useless tonight. He passed the ball to the position so many times.

Could be wrong ofc, but he looks like he's just not arsed to be on the pitch.

Last season when he arrived he looked and played like he was really up for it, now he ambles about half hearted, like he's just here for the pay cheque?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Have to agree with previous poster that Trossard and Macallister both looked very promising in their first games with us, they had their own character and style - now they seem to have lost all their personality and are just plain, simple, dull players and show little flair. Is this the manager coaching their personality out of them?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Some players just lose interest. Some players get bored of playing out of postion. Some players get bored of losing. Some players miss home. Some players struggle with Covid life. Not every player wants to die for our club, or even try. It happens. But i reckon he might be done here IMHO.

Loads of reasons for it.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
That was the single worst performance from an Albion player in the PL era. The guy didn't give a shit, you could see his attitude written all over his face. Absolutely embarrassing performance. I hope he enjoys his wage and appearance fee, he certainly hasn't earnt it.

If we had any squad depth I'd get rid for the first reasonable offer. Awful, stinking attitude and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

I remember a few people saying exactly the same about Biss performance in the Sheffield Wednesday cup game a year ago. Very frustrating player maybe he’ll come good again but not the player we need right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is.

It's the manager's job to turn this around ... Graham Potter has improved one of our attacking players , Solly.

The rest have stood still, like Ali J, aren't kicking on like you hoped they would, like MacAllister, or gone downhill, like Trossard, Maupay.

Have to agree with previous poster that Trossard and Macallister both looked very promising in their first games with us, they had their own character and style - now they seem to have lost all their personality and are just plain, simple, dull players and show little flair. Is this the manager coaching their personality out of them?

Some players just lose interest. Some players get bored of playing out of postion. Some players get bored of losing. Some players miss home. Some players struggle with Covid life. Not every player wants to die for our club, or even try. It happens. But i reckon he might be done here IMHO.

Loads of reasons for it.

Lots of revisionism here to fit the mood of the night.

Trossard was good when he came, true. A couple of games. Then pretty useless for several months until he was one of the best players post-lockdown. Started this season well, then struggled again but recently been fine. Its not a road downhill or whatever, its a consistent inconsistency. Did Potter not develop him enough? Well, possible. You could argue he should have turned into something better at this point. But did he break or "lose his personality" or whatever? No. He is still the same inconsistent Trossard. Usually very good when winning and invicible when not. In the 3-3 against Wolves last week he made two assists. Against West Ham he was hopeless. Before that he was great (or one of the least bad) vs Sheffield.

As for Macallister he was incredibly hyped in the beginning with no real reason, the myth of his alleged "brilliance" comes from short appearance against Wolves last year and then his part in the goal in the restart against Arsenal. Other than that he was always been average at best. If anyone could point out his "very promising" performances other than those cameos, please enlighten me.

The alleged demise of Maupay is also fiction. He had a bad spell for a couple of games but has recovered well. He always gets shit because he is a character who is easy to throw shit at. Just look at the highlight reel in the win against Villa. He is involved in pretty much everything. Ratings in the ratings thread? 4 and 5s, claiming "he lost it after incident x or incident x".

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He is.

AJ is a lost cause and has been pretty much from the off despite what many posters on here say................., Trossard has the ability but is going backwards and the jury is very much out on MacAllister as he doesnt seem to affect many games - pretty disappointing so far i would say

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Trossard was good when he came, true. A couple of games. Then pretty useless for several months until he was one of the best players post-lockdown. Started this season well, then struggled again but recently been fine. Its not a road downhill or whatever, its a consistent inconsistency. Did Potter not develop him enough? Well, possible. You could argue he should have turned into something better at this point. But did he break or "lose his personality" or whatever? No. He is still the same inconsistent Trossard. Usually very good when winning and invicible when not. In the 3-3 against Wolves last week he made two assists. Against West Ham he was hopeless. Before that he was great (or one of the least bad) vs Sheffield.

As for Macallister he was incredibly hyped in the beginning with no real reason, the myth of his alleged "brilliance" comes from short appearance against Wolves last year and then his part in the goal in the restart against Arsenal. Other than that he was always been average at best. If anyone could point out his "very promising" performances other than those cameos, please enlighten me.

The alleged demise of Maupay is also fiction. He had a bad spell for a couple of games but has recovered well. He always gets shit because he is a character who is easy to throw shit at. Just look at the highlight reel in the win against Villa. He is involved in pretty much everything. Ratings in the ratings thread? 4 and 5s, claiming "he lost it after incident x or incident x".
There's probably a lot of truth in that about Trossard. He's always blown hot and cold, which is the main part of the reason why he is so frustrating as he shows so much promise.

I'd agree about Neal - he works hard every game, even in those that he's not at his best. I've always thought he is far more effective when paired with Aaron up top. They have a good understanding with one another.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The reason Trossard plays for us? He’s inconsistent and often pony but can be a match winner when he plays well. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be here.

That’s the difference between players who are elite level and those who aren’t, I’m disappointed he hasn’t come on more as a player as he’s clearly got exceptional ability on his day, but I think he will always be the inconsistent type.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
The reason Trossard plays for us? He’s inconsistent and often pony but can be a match winner when he plays well. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be here.

That’s the difference between players who are elite level and those who aren’t, I’m disappointed he hasn’t come on more as a player as he’s clearly got exceptional ability on his day, but I think he will always be the inconsistent type.

The trouble is he hasn't won us any matches! If he did I for one would forgive him being completely pony in some games

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trossard's body language is never encouraging. Where's the inner engine? Where's the FIGHT? Looks like a sad shadow of the player we thought we'd signed

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

The reasons for these players loss of form isn’t rocket science.

The constant changing of the line up and being in and out of the side... simple as that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's probably a lot of truth in that about Trossard. He's always blown hot and cold, which is the main part of the reason why he is so frustrating as he shows so much promise.

I'd agree about Neal - he works hard every game, even in those that he's not at his best. I've always thought he is far more effective when paired with Aaron up top. They have a good understanding with one another.

Trossard has blown far more cold than hot sadly. Really doesn't look to be enjoying his game. Ditto Maupay. Maybe these are players that thrive on the buzz of the crowd. Everybody's reacted in their own personal way to the events of the past year. Why should football players be any different?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
yet another of our players that has proven to be prem level but under potter looks league one

He has something about him, to say proven in the Premier well that would be under the management of Potter. He started the season well but hasn't looked the same player since returning from injury, is that a fault of the manager or a fault of the player. These things are often psychological with players after injury.
For me Trossard needs to work harder on his own performance you can't fault the manager for not giving him the opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here