Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
"could" have been booked twice? The first hack on Lallana was as clear a yellow as you can get. The off-the-ball assault was looked at by VAR as a possible straight red. The bottle job of a homer ref didnt book him for either.
In fact Lallana had to go off for 30 seconds having received treatment.
No card? I was fuming.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Worst ground ever to get away from. That part of London is a dump.

Not everywhere can be as glamorous as Selhurst Park.

Only kidding. Croydon isn't really part of London.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having not read any of this thread yet, observations and thoughts from the game.

Fabulous stadium that is an absolute pig to get to and even worse to leave from! Falmer is a cake walk in comparison.

We matched and even bettered Spurs all the game apart from a 20 minute spell in the second half.

The result was f***ing cruel but we were pushing for the winner and got mugged 15 seconds from the end of normal time.

The ref was a f***ing homer and should have booked far more Spurs players than he did given how easily he booked Albion players. The linesman at our end managed to work out the offside rule in the second half.

Yer seems the people who actually went to the game like you and me feel differently to the armchair fans. Spurs missed so many chances and breakaways. Werner, particularly ,looks useless as usual.

No, it seems that others who went to the game don't agree with you either. Not sure why you feel the need to belittle those who aren't able to go to all the away games either.

We did have two 20 minute spells where we looked brilliant
Right, so we looked brilliant for 40 minutes out of the 90. That's pretty good going, so not surprising that many felt that we deserved a point. Your 'analysis' also doesn't take into account the ref letting Spurs get away with so much.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
No, it seems that others who went to the game don't agree with you either. Not sure why you feel the need to belittle those who aren't able to go to all the away games either.

Right, so we looked brilliant for 40 minutes out of the 90. That's pretty good going, so not surprising that many felt that we deserved a point. Your 'analysis' also doesn't take into account the ref letting Spurs get away with so much.

Not least the blatant foul on Facundo just before their first goal. We’d have been booked for that 100% if it were the other way around.

Whilst not wanting to slag the ref off too much he let some injury threatening tackles that deserved a card go but seemed to be happy to book Albion players for more innocuous challenges. As for the lino at our end in the first half, incompetent doesn’t cover it. He managed to spot all our offsides in the second half and a couple that weren’t imo, but virtually none of theirs in the first half. I was right in line with most of them too.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Annoyingly very correct, Dear Friend

To say that was undeserved beggars belief, f***ing robbing bastards Spurs
it was a self refilling prophecy

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I thought we exceded my expectation yesterday. Played way better than I thought we would. I think we deserved a draw.

Sometimes you just have to take a draw, yesterday was like that. I just don’t get it why they could come 4 against 3 in the 96 minute. It’s a really tough away game, just shut up shop. I get it, we’re always going for a win but sometimes it’s just better to try to not give the opponents three points. The upcoming week would probably feel a bit better at the training ground had we got 4p against them this season. It is what it is.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This season we have been very unlucky with injuries as soon as we get a couple back Pedro undoubtedly our star man gets injured unbelievable. Personally I think we win with Pedro he keeps the ball alive in attacking areas. We needed help in the window at least two that didn’t need bedding in it would have energised the squad. We are a very good mid table side. if we had kept last seasons midfield and added Pedro top six.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stadium is good once inside but is very poor outside. Very hard to walk around the outside.

Worst ground ever to get away from. That part of London is a dump.
Can't argue that that part of London is a dump but we got away ok. Turned left out of the ground then arc round to the right to Northumberland Park, straight onto the platform and train arrived within a couple of minutes. Back at Liverpool St by 5:50 and having a drink before one stop to Farringdon for the 19:02 Thameslink.

Your opinion is regularly expressed here after a game where things haven't gone our way. A half pint glass that is always half empty. You of course have the right to plough that particular furrow if that's what pleases you. Others like myself also have the right to comment on that. Some of us prefer discussion to the relentless stating of one opinion.
I think it's a familiar disappointment reaction to exaggerate our failings and the opponent's strengths as a way of making sense of a setback. Psychologically it can be hard to accept a punch in the gut otherwise. But football is a game of chance contingency above all others. Sometimes the universe doesn't make sense and that's what we all felt seeing that goal go in at the end, some of us go to unwise extremes to try to (wrongly) rationalise it and remove disappointment, most of us just say that's football

Last edited:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
A day after I'm still gutted for the boys not to have got a point. However it really was a game of exciting chess played from each and every player, they make a move we cover it and vice versa, just a shame Pervis the rook didn't spot their bishop loitering around the far post. His concentration lapsed for half a second. Would Igor have been there to stop the bishop?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A day after I'm still gutted for the boys not to have got a point. However it really was a game of exciting chess played from each and every player, they make a move we cover it and vice versa, just a shame Pervis the rook didn't spot their bishop loitering around the far post. His concentration lapsed for half a second. Would Igor have been there to stop the bishop?
Ian bloody Bishop was playing ? He must be getting on a bit. Pervis OUT !

I've thought a bit about the notion that we were too cavalier at the end to protect a point.

But if you ask most football fans, 95% of them will say "yes I want a tactically attacking manager". If that's the case, you have to walk the walk if you talk the talk.

We were going for 3 points at the end, the young winger we brought on was doing brave and exciting things I thought. We got caught on a break and surrendered one point. Gutting yes, but in the cold light of day an acceptable trade for us to continue to be a brave, attacking team that tries to win games. I'd want us to do the same again but next time Fati will break the net

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I've thought a bit about the notion that we were too cavalier at the end to protect a point.

But if you ask most football fans, 95% of them will say "yes I want a tactically attacking manager". If that's the case, you have to walk the walk if you talk the talk.

We were going for 3 points at the end, the young winger we brought on was doing brave and exciting things I thought. We got caught on a break and surrendered one point. Gutting yes, but in the cold light of day an acceptable trade for us to continue to be a brave, attacking team that tries to win games. I'd want us to do the same again but next time Fati will break the net
Yes, I have thought about this in the cold light of day and am less disappointed we lost than I was yesterday afternoon.

I would rather we lost trying to win, than draw trying not to lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here