Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Actually looked like he threw up when he went down on his haunches……..
That's what I thought - but then we might have been pre-conditioned to think that as he did it in a Euro game? He did seem to indicate he'd got an arm in the windpipe. The main mystery was why the ref didn't let him come back on for ages.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's what I thought - but then we might have been pre-conditioned to think that as he did it in a Euro game? He did seem to indicate he'd got an arm in the windpipe. The main mystery was why the ref didn't let him come back on for ages.
Mystery? He had to give Spurs a chance to score against 10 men first.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Exactly this. Anyone who thinks we are qualifying for Europe again is kidding themselves.
You and Dwayne should live together then you wouldn't need to post on here.

But it wasn't inexplicable really. If you're referring to Maddison, then pretty much no PL ref is going to send a player off for that. And as for Romero, I thought he could have been booked twice - but it's all subjective.

The issue here was that he was one of those refs who deliberately was setting a high bar for yellow cards. On the second Romero incident he was blindsided, which is why the Albion players were imploring the lino to get involved, which he didn’t want to do. Just an unfortunate set of decisions but likely if Romero had been carded for the first he wouldn’t have done the second, I can’t think of this as match turning

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Deluded wankers, to be more accurate.
f***ing cheating deluded wankers 1978 WE NEVER FORGET Wanky wanking pricks. Hopefully one day that huge cock will fall off the toilet seat and flatten Son and Richarlison

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Knowing the laws of the game may help you

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Actually looked like he threw up when he went down on his haunches……..
That was my initial thought & I have a vague recollection of it happening previously. Although my memory capacity is less than a neon tetra (ie smaller than a goldfish).

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
That was my initial thought & I have a vague recollection of it happening previously. Although my memory capacity is less than a neon tetra (ie smaller than a goldfish).
I remember James Wilson chucking up multiple times in a game,he Looked like a extra from the walking dead in that game.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Knowing the laws of the game may help you
Law 5:

1707606814716.png

Fine with that.

Doesn't explain why he made Dunk run up and down the touchline alongside the linesman for 50 seconds after play had restarted? Restarted 33.34, Dunk allowed back on 34.23 - during which time they had a dangerous attack.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Law 5:

View attachment 175453

Fine with that.

Doesn't explain why he made Dunk run up and down the touchline alongside the linesman for 50 seconds after play had restarted? Restarted 33.34, Dunk allowed back on 34.23 - during which time they had a dangerous attack.
You are not allowed back for 30 seconds after the restart added to that if the ball is close to the where the player is and they are likely to gain an advantage by directly entering the pitch they must remain off the pitch.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I remember James Wilson chucking up multiple times in a game,he Looked like a extra from the walking dead in that game.
The only thing of note Wilson did in his time here

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You are not allowed back for 30 seconds after the restart added to that if the ball is close to the where the player is and they are likely to gain an advantage by directly entering the pitch they must remain off the pitch.
Is that actually in the laws? (and where). I can't remember seeing a player having to hang around for almost a minute before.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Law 5:

View attachment 175453

Fine with that.

Players have to remain off the field for a minimum of 30 seconds after treatment.

I’ve seen this season the 4th official stand with them and give the ref the signal to wave them back on the pitch. Dunk went off on the opposite side to the 4th official which probably explains why he was jogging up and down with the Lino, but they all seemed to totally forget the 30 seconds had elapsed as Spurs mounted an attack.

It’s mentioned on the link below about changes for this season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Players have to remain off the field for a minimum of 30 seconds after treatment.

I’ve seen this season the 4th official stand with them and give the ref the signal to wave them back on the pitch. Dunk went off on the opposite side to the 4th official which probably explains why he was jogging up and down with the Lino, but they all seemed to totally forget the 30 seconds had elapsed as Spurs mounted an attack.

It’s mentioned on the link below about changes for this season.

Well - that has passed me by completely!!

Thanks both you and @PILTDOWN MAN - every day's a school day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is that actually in the laws? (and where). I can't remember seeing a player having to hang around for almost a minute before.
It's actually a rule in this case as it's something adopted by the FA but isn't done elsewhere. It is also a minimum of 30 seconds. Putting this to one side a ref has never allowed a player back on that is close to the play. Dunk wasn't required to run close to the lino that was obviously his choice so he would be playing Spurs on side when allowed to enter play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here