Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Bissouma was immense. Sadly that probably means he will be off and who would blame him. He was head and shoulders above anyone in our side and their side tbf.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Nah, you get real mate. We weren't as bad as some think. Had either the mess up for their third not happened or Maupay stuck his chance in, we may have equalized and people would be raving about a fantastic comeback.

Completely agree. We weren’t that bad tonight. Maupay scores and they don’t get their lucky third it would be extra time right now.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Disappointing, but I think Dunk looked like he has not played since November, and to be honest Webster had his worst game of the season. We defended much better when it was Burn and Veltman
Again I think it shows that Gross and Lallana can't play together in the midfield, it just slows things down too much
Actually I think Gross was OK apart from his deliveries from set pieces.
But really everyone was poor apart from Biss and Cucu.
I think the two week break and the loss of Mac and Trossard really disrupted our performance.
Hopefully we will get a reaction next week in the league

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I didnt think we were that bad. Started of like Potter wanted to have a real go and one slip by Welbeck set Kane up. After a deflected goal we had no option to have a go which we did. Plenty of ball in last third but so often lack of quality in retaining ball in and around box. Dunk and Webster often looked poor but mainly because left on own so often. Very surprised to see Son outpace Webster like he did for 3rd goal. Dont often see that very often.and has to go down as fault for 2 goals.
March has shown in past good at tackling back but he really doesnt contribute in attack. Why on earth cant he pass and cross with his right foot.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A match to forget. We were terrible in first half, and yet again, doesn’t matter how amazing we are for 45mins if you gift goals against quality sides it’s nearly always going to end in tears.

Sometimes it would be easier if we just got thumped and won the next game.

But this endless great football that continually produces draws or narrow defeats is infuriating. We’re like a one armed man hanging off a cliff with itchy balls.

Not sure that was a narrow defeat - spurs had chances to make that 4 or 5...

Got it very wrong tactically and have to say players did not help situation with poor decsion making and control. We looked so much better with Mac & Alzate and Burn all moving the ball forward. today we were back to our ponderous best .

I have always been a massive fan of Dunk but felt (and said) he shouldn't walk straight back into team at expense of BDB, well circumstances changed and no BDB but I concentrated on his contribution tonight and have to say it was not good; not getting to blocks, not reading the game, passing square or back and showing no leadership. I know he has just come back from injury but would still like to have seen a lot more.

Let's hope this is a wake up call and we get it right in the next few games.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
These things happen. Take the Webster error and Solly’s bad luck out and it would’ve been goalless at the break. Most annoying thing to me was the ITV 4 commentator. Biased would inadequately describe his narrative.
Move on and concentrate on getting a CL spot.
TNBA
TTF

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didnt think we were that bad. Started of like Potter wanted to have a real go and one slip by Welbeck set Kane up. After a deflected goal we had no option to have a go which we did. Plenty of ball in last third but so often lack of quality in retaining ball in and around box. Dunk and Webster often looked poor but mainly because left on own so often. Very surprised to see Son outpace Webster like he did for 3rd goal. Dont often see that very often.and has to go down as fault for 2 goals.
March has shown in past good at tackling back but he really doesnt contribute in attack. Why on earth cant he pass and cross with his right foot.

Apart from the fact Welbeck wasn't on the pitch when Kane scored!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No complaints from me, the better team won. Not often an opposing manager outfoxes GP but Conte played us perfectly and they had the rub of the green, the lucky second goal killed us. That’s football :shrug:

Doesn’t detract from the fact that Kane is a cheat and I fecking hate him

Classic, old skool Albion.

GPott really struggles to set up a side.
Gets his job done at half time.
The team does all the hard work.
Then fluffs it's lines at the very moment it shouldn't.

This sums it up. I wish the gaslighters would just allow fans to be disappointed by a performance that is below the standards we’ve set this season

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
These things happen. Take the Webster error and Solly’s bad luck out and it would’ve been goalless at the break. Most annoying thing to me was the ITV 4 commentator. Biased would inadequately describe his narrative.
Move on and concentrate on getting a CL spot.
TNBA
TTF

The bias throughout, from the opening, towards Spurs was astonishing even by normal media standards. ITV4 are a disgrace and should get back to repeats of Love Island or whatever. Wish the Presenter well in her GCSE’s though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why attempt to chip a keeper that isnt going down?

It really was a shocking decision to try and chip him, even if he did scuff the ground. I've never known a striker to fluff his lines so much if he has time to think. Does so much great work aside from shooting (not so much tonight though) and scores some crackers, but I never feel confident he'll score if he has too much time to think

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There were times in rhe second half when the ball was pin-balling ariund the Surs penalty area - a toe-poke, with or without a deflection, and the ball could have emerged from the crowd where the GK wasn't expecting it and landed up ib the back of the net. Tonight, that didn't happen. C'est la vie.
They were very good on the break -and yes, TBH, it did feel a bit like we were missing BDB tonight. We move on - top ten finish anyone?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This sums it up. I wish the gaslighters would just allow fans to be disappointed by a performance that is below the standards we’ve set this season
Good to allow for disappointment. Read a lot of the negative comments here and it's like the end of the world. There's only one group gaslighting.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Here here. It was a big night a big occasion, real excitement in the build up and…we didn’t turn up until after half time by which time it was all but too late. Yes there were positives but we were underwhelming and in the aforementioned context it was a disappointing performance. We’re allowed to feel and say that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here