Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not our best game, Spurs good on the break. Missed Mac Allister.

Shame they scored so soon after our goal, we’d have wobbled them with a bit of sustained pressure.

Oh well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Each to their own but I really don't understand this mentality. With the squad we have at the moment this is the best opportunity we've had since 83 to actually win some silverware as a club. What's the point if we don't give a shit about the cups, especially in a season where we're all but safe already

I do see your point and you have the right attitude. I just can’t muster any enthusiasm for it. It’s me, not you :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Classic, old skool Albion.

GPott really struggles to set up a side.
Gets his job done at half time.
The team does all the hard work.
Then fluffs it's lines at the very moment it shouldn't.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone saying we were terrible is dead wrong. We were wasteful and must especially rue the chance Maupay had, but they have first class strikers and we made a couple of errors defensively. Had we not got unlucky with the second goal, even their third, it may have all been different. Take cheating Kane from their team and they are very ordinary.

If we were as bad as some make out, then it shows how far we've come as I've watched some truly bad performances and that was not one of them.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
No disgrace to lose that. Two good teams and at times it looked like we were at home. Bit more luck and we could have gone through. Onwards and upwards.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Too bad GP started with that tactic, pretty sure he had a good idea behind it but it didnt work out. Formation along with some dire individual performances (and a few quality actions from Spurs players) made it too big of a task today but really looking forward to the Watford game and a nice three points in the league.
To bad he started with March, he doesn’t assist doesn’t score not great defensively don’t get why we keep trying this massive March experiment.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Thank f that performance came in the cup.
We played that like a preseason friendly.

Worst for a long time which is both a good and bad thing.
I expect the team to be on it again v Watford. It was interesting to see Caicedo come on. Hope to see more of him as he looked nervous and played a safe ball every time he got it.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Dunk and Webster weren't very good tonight

Both completely culpable for the first and third goals. Comedy defending. What I found galling was how they started shouting at others after the goals went in. Could see what people say about Dunk slowing the passing out from the back compared to BDB today.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Dunk and Webster weren't very good tonight

It was always going to be a difficult one for Dunk, coming back after a long lay off in a two. Webster was unusually poor too, which made it twice as bad. Personally I am more concerned with league points and in some respects it was good for these two to get a bad game out of the way.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it wrong to hope Kane gets his comeuppance one day?

He already has. Sounds stupid and behaves like a moron. Wealthy admittedly but…

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So frustrating with another window closed and our greatest weakness is displayed at its worst.
For gods sake buy us a striker in the summer with view to play next season, not one that may make the team in five years time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here