Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Don't think it's been that bad.

No, you're right it hasn't really been too bad. But very very sloppy defensively and some classic Albion utterly shocking finishing makes it seem worse. Understandable with Dunk as he's been out a good while, but we did seem out of sorts compared to of late. Tactics first half and missing both Ali mac and Trossard definitely didn't help

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Anyone saying we were terrible is dead wrong. We were wasteful and must especially rue the chance Maupay had, but they have first class strikers and we made a couple of errors defensively. Had we not for unlucky with the second goal, it even their third, it may have all been different. Take cheating Kane from their team and they are very ordinary.

If we were as bad as some make out, then it shows how far we've come as I've watched some truly bad performances and that was not one of them.

Get real. That was awful. Yes there were some bad games in the past but on the basis of how we have played so far this season, that was awful.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Let’s cut Dunk some slack, the sale of DBD has led to him straight back in after a long lay off in a performance where we were often pulled right out of shape - it always takes a bit to get back to match fitness.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Oh well. **** it, couldn’t care less about cup games.

Problem is nor do most of the players. I for one was calling for a few of the U23's to get a start and got shouted down on here earlier. They couldn't have done much worse.

We clearly missed our most in form defender (sadly sold at the worst time in the season), signed a 25 year old striker and loaned him back to USG.

Maupay just had one of those nights as did Webster - it can happen, but sadly most of our regular pro's didn't look that bothered to me (Biss being the notable exception).

Must just put this to bed and focus on the league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone saying we were terrible is dead wrong. We were wasteful and must especially rue the chance Maupay had, but they have first class strikers and we made a couple of errors defensively. Had we not got unlucky with the second goal, even their third, it may have all been different. Take cheating Kane from their team and they are very ordinary.

If we were as bad as some make out, then it shows how far we've come as I've watched some truly bad performances and that was not one of them.

:thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So frustrating with another window closed and our greatest weakness is displayed at its worst.
For gods sake buy us a striker in the summer with view to play next season, not one that may make the team in five years time
Don’t get it loaned out £16m of talent weakened the back line and start feckin March.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Each to their own but I really don't understand this mentality. With the squad we have at the moment this is the best opportunity we've had since 83 to actually win some silverware as a club. What's the point if we don't give a shit about the cups, especially in a season where we're all but safe already
I agree, we should be going all in in the cups.

Still that game should be forgotten and we move on.silly errors, sloppy play and . . . Missed chances.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A match to forget. We were terrible in first half, and yet again, doesn’t matter how amazing we are for 45mins if you gift goals against quality sides it’s nearly always going to end in tears.

Sometimes it would be easier if we just got thumped and won the next game.

But this endless great football that continually produces draws or narrow defeats is infuriating. We’re like a one armed man hanging off a cliff with itchy balls.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Get real. That was awful. Yes there were some bad games in the past but on the basis of how we have played so far this season, that was awful.
Nah, you get real mate. We weren't as bad as some think. Had either the mess up for their third not happened or Maupay stuck his chance in, we may have equalized and people would be raving about a fantastic comeback.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Maupay should have scored tonight but he has actually scored above his Xg this season. We missed Trossard, Bissouma played well, Dunk not so great.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone saying we were terrible is dead wrong. We were wasteful and must especially rue the chance Maupay had, but they have first class strikers and we made a couple of errors defensively. Had we not got unlucky with the second goal, even their third, it may have all been different. Take cheating Kane from their team and they are very ordinary.

I agree. Two rare mistakes by Webster cost us but we weren’t dreadful. Dunk isn’t match fit after a two month injury absence and we missed Trossard tonight,

It’s the usual ones moaning again so don’t take any notice of them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I hope this is not going to be regular again because we are back to only playing well in one half, but even in this half we are missing very good chances.
Spurs have scored 2 strange goals though (Son slips and the ball defects off of Websters shin straight to Kane)

We've had a well oiled machine for months. Not won them all, but never been this bad. We sell our best defender of this season on the cheap and are now trying to fix what wasn't broke.

I know its done, but selling BDB really did look like bad business a week ago, it looked 3x worse tonight.

Gross and March today are also second rate players.

Maupay can do it, but he simply has to improve. He woudnt get in the Dog&Duck starting 11 with that performance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here