Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The outrage and lack of love for Maupay was excruciating post match, he is the striker that rescued 3 points with late goals this season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently though we aren’t allowed to discuss performances anymore especially if it’s not been great it upsets the snowflakes.

The only snowflakes are those who believes the world is going to end and that everyone is shite/needs to be sacked/needs to be sold every time Brighton lose a football game.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

We did

The outrage and lack of love for Maupay was excruciating post match, he is the striker that rescued 3 points with late goals this season

He's said in interviews that he understands that one week he'll be the hero and the next he'll be the villain. I hope Graham Potter's degree in emotional intelligence is helping him.

attachment.php

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
not the best performance I've seen live �� they were just a level above unfortunately, good to see Biss back and good as ever though

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
not the best performance I've seen live �� they were just a level above unfortunately, good to see Biss back and good as ever though

Better than ever, maybe?

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
Thought him and Dunk were brilliant, I know the results have been alright with them missing (drawing forever) but they are massive players. Shame to see Webster make a few mistakes, outside of that I really appreciate what he was doing but the mistakes were so costly. Lamptey with his quietest game of the season?? Can't remember him having a go at Reggy once!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I know Solly March can play well because I’ve seen him do it. But today was one of those performances that frustrate the hell out of you. There are undiscovered tribes in the depths of the Amazon jungle who have never seen football, and yet I’ll bet every one of their members knew exactly what Solly was going to do every time he was in possession - think about going past the fullback on the outside, decide against it, cut back inside, realise he isn’t confident enough in his right foot to cross with it, and then pass back to Cucurella.

I like him as a left wing back but he was not incisive enough against Spurs. His problem is that Sarmiento, Khadra, Mitoma and Arce will all have ambitions on that left sided advanced role in the short to long term future. I’d have given any of them a go over March yesterday.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The only snowflakes are those who believes the world is going to end and that everyone is shite/needs to be sacked/needs to be sold every time Brighton lose a football game.
After a game you chat to fans on the train/bus or whatever nothing wrong with saying so so was crap today, the worlds not going to end and no one’s asking for sackings it’s what football fans do. It’s soon forgotten we look forward to the next game and the good or bad post match debate starts all over again. It’s not reality just a break from life pressures for 90 minutes, try it sometime it’s rather fun.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I know Solly March can play well because I’ve seen him do it. But today was one of those performances that frustrate the hell out of you. There are undiscovered tribes in the depths of the Amazon jungle who have never seen football, and yet I’ll bet every one of their members knew exactly what Solly was going to do every time he was in possession - think about going past the fullback on the outside, decide against it, cut back inside, realise he isn’t confident enough in his right foot to cross with it, and then pass back to Cucurella.

That's what was frustrating us, his constant ability to get past his man and then check back unnecessarily to lose the space he'd created and then not be able to whip a ball into the box. If he pinged more into the box after beating his man we would stand a far greater chance of scoring goals. He was better second half but didn't deserve to come back out after the break.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That's what was frustrating us, his constant ability to get past his man and then check back unnecessarily to lose the space he'd created and then not be able to whip a ball into the box. If he pinged more into the box after beating his man we would stand a far greater chance of scoring goals. He was better second half but didn't deserve to come back out after the break.

I'm not sure in this match, but often he get's into a position to play it into the box, only to find we have 1 player only in there and they are against several defenders, so probably decides it's better to retain the ball and wait for support to arrive in the area rather than play a low percentage cross that will most likely give possession back to the opposition. Hardly his fault if others aren't arriving in the area early enough to make that cross worthwhile when he breaks forward and gets into those positions to put a cross in

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I very rarely see any of that post match on here, bar the usual one or two posters who go ott. Fans disappointed/venting after a poor performance, yes; that's sport and fan culture and people react differently. It's ok to discuss player's performances or be frustrated with a performance you know - not everything has to smell of roses all the time. 95% of fans recognise we're in an incredible position as a club even when they're frustrated after a game.

A cup was a reasonably realistic ambition this season given how hard we've been to beat in the league. I'm over it now but I was more disappointed than usual last night after a defeat as I'd high hopes of us going far in the cup. Actually seeing us win a trophy (or even walking out in a final) is something I'd absolutely love to see in my lifetime

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spuds spend vast sums on players and beat Brighton at home, shocker.

The romance of the FAC!

Whilst I love watching Potterball it does sometimes play into the hands of a club with better players when they are having a good day and we have a couple of off form players. Last night was one of those days and the lucky second goal did for us in the end. No teeth gnashing or recriminations from me.

Conte playing us on the counter attack with pace was exactly the right tactics, especially when the forwards don’t fluff their chances

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We struggled passing out from the back and I thought spurs did a great job of pressing high and forcing errors. We had too many mistakes throughout the side some of which we were lucky to have not been punished further and whilst we saw how ruthless top level strikers can be we also saw some more of our own struggles to put the ball in the net when presented with chances.

We also saw again how much better we are with 3 CBs and Lamptey and Cucurella who are our best attacking outlets at the moment. Caicedo looked promising and Biss again showed why he will be off to a top side in the summer. We missed Trossard and a MacAllister proving that craft which should not be underestimated either.

Whilst disappointed after the game we were far from awful just a combination of players not at it and a system in the first half that played into Tottenhams hands

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whilst I love watching Potterball it does sometimes play into the hands of a club with better players when they are having a good day and we have a couple of off form players. Last night was one of those days and the lucky second goal did for us in the end. No teeth gnashing or recriminations from me.

Conte playing us on the counter attack with pace was exactly the right tactics, especially when the forwards don’t fluff their chances

Quite agree. Frustrating but, in my view, we were undone by a combination of bad luck and Tottenham finally having a manager who knows what he’s doing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Thought him and Dunk were brilliant, I know the results have been alright with them missing (drawing forever) but they are massive players. Shame to see Webster make a few mistakes, outside of that I really appreciate what he was doing but the mistakes were so costly. Lamptey with his quietest game of the season?? Can't remember him having a go at Reggy once!
Conte should his quality last night no shame in that unfortunately we shot ourselves in the foot with a couple of howlers.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We just need to acknowledge that March is not wholly up to this level, he huffs and puffs a bit from time to time, stands in when needs must, but is in reality a negative influence on our attacking ambitions.... as someone here says, others are looking for the opportunity, they will get them, and it won't take much of an uplift from March's contributions, for a more effective replacement to be inserted longer term.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here