Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham fans stabbed in Rome

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
we had stabbings in rome in 77 and 35 years later we are still getting attacked in europe.but its still our fault??? COULD WE NOT HAVE BLAMED OUR FANS CAUSING TROUBLE IN THE 70'S ON THE 2ND WORLD WAR?

Im not saying its right, but its a fact. Ive lived in Holland, Belgium, Germany, and Czech Republic, and even now, when England, or English teams are visiting, the perception from the local people is they will cause trouble. If theres the perception that they will come and cause trouble, local nitwits will want to look 'hard' and go for them. Whether its right or wrong is pretty irrellavent.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
This happens almost every time an English club plays in Italy. Seem to recall the mickeys getting a similar treatment from Napoli not too long ago. f*** all ever gets done. If it was the other way round then English clubs would be banned from European competitions.

Too right, apart from killing 39 Italian fans at Heysel, what have English fans ever done wrong?

It's one rule for pasta chomping, debt avoiding, mafiosa paying Romans, and another for us. We need to pull out of the European football NOW and bring back the Simod cup, that will learn them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what i dont understand is why the Italian authorities themselves dont get on top of this. it seems they have full blown riots at some games, with running battles between police and ultra's.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
what i dont understand is why the Italian authorities themselves dont get on top of this. it seems they have full blown riots at some games, with running battles between police and ultra's.
Because...

'Prego :shrug:'

They a) don't give a shit about the violence and b) don't want their clubs to be banned.
England is the opposite. We love to think we have a problem, and get ourselves kicked out.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
In the last couple of years flares and fireworks in the stadium have been clamped down on but more needs to be done to prevent the trouble outside of the stadiums.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Italy and Russia are probably the only places I wouldn't travel with England

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Italy and Russia are probably the only places I wouldn't travel with England
You can add Serbia to that list. The police want to arrest our players for being racially abused and punched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here