Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party meltdown incoming (Part 2)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unfortunately, although I share your disgust, it is perfectly acceptable in our constitution for the party of government to change its leader (and hence the PM) without going to the country. Both parties get on their high horse when the other does it, albeit the tories were the last to say it is 'wrong' for labour to give us a PM who was not 'elected' (Brown); on this and the previous occasion labour have simply demand that we have a GE because the tories are shit.

That said, if Thick Lizzy is ousted it would be unprecedented - no party of government has booted out two of its own leaders in one term of office before.

(My preference would be for the dissolution of parliament and a general election within 3 weeks. Unfortunately this won't happen).

A couple of years ago we didn't have a government in Sweden for about five or six months. I swear that the air was fresher, the birds were louder and the weather better during those months.

Just dissolve the parliament. No need for new election.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was it summer?

It was from September-January (or February, don't remember). But it sure looked and felt like summer.

No petty disputes, no dumb decisions, just very quiet and peaceful.

Made me even more convinced that no governments and no parliaments is the way to go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A couple of years ago we didn't have a government in Sweden for about five or six months. I swear that the air was fresher, the birds were louder and the weather better during those months.

Just dissolve the parliament. No need for new election.

:lolol:

You may well be right.

We could ask Andrew Crofts to act as caretaker. What could possibly go wrong?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It was from September-January (or February, don't remember). But it sure looked and felt like summer.

Made me even more convinced that no governments and no parliaments is the way to go.

Ah. I get it. You're not, in fact, a paleo-anarchist; you're a technocrat, perfectly happy for civil servants to run the show behind the scenes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Worth adding that KamiKwasi's latest manoeuvre to calm the markets down is to insist that all government departments have to make efficiency savings. He really is a bright spark.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Simple question from a slightly cynical 50 something, whose voted for every major party BTW, is the situation being made far worse by the hourly updated shit storm in the media?

I saw Russell Brand on YouTube the other day questioning if we were actually taking ourselves into recession?

I would say no as those at the sharp end do not hear the news from the news but from the data and information in front of their faces.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It was the same here between the Queen dying and her funeral.

No political arguing. At all. No poor decision making. No squabbles.

It was bliss.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Worth adding that KamiKwasi's latest manoeuvre to calm the markets down is to insist that all government departments have to make efficiency savings. He really is a bright spark.

A little over 3 years ago, someone seemed to have an insight into what was coming

Letting Kwasi read prepared statements as a junior Brexit minister was always a big risk.

It just shows how low the 'Leaver' barrel has been scraped to now have him in Cabinet meetings and Interviews

(The clue was there when he let his phone run out of battery on the day the cabinet was announced and they had to announce him separately the day after, when they eventually got hold of him :lolol:)

Anyway, enough of all this, the biggest game of the weekend is approaching :albion2:

We lost 3-1 away to United. Shows how many years ago it was when United used to beat us :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can this not be merged with the other thread or better still create a separate section for politics.

I'm pretty sure that the idea of giving each thread a prefix was so that you didn't have to see what you didn't want. I know there's a prefix of 'politics' and hopefully someone more technical than me can explain how you can view avoiding these threads :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm pretty sure that the idea of giving each thread a prefix was so that you didn't have to see what you didn't want. I know there's a prefix of 'politics' and hopefully someone more technical than me can explain how you can view avoiding these threads :thumbsup:

Good point.

Before anyone says “you don’t have to open”. I actually would prefer not to have it cluttering up my home page on NSC.

Is there a way to filter - anyone?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyway thousands of Russians fleeing Russia so they don't get called up to fight, Russia blowing out pipe lines out at sea, World war 3 around the corner ?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Simple question from a slightly cynical 50 something, whose voted for every major party BTW, is the situation being made far worse by the hourly updated shit storm in the media?

I saw Russell Brand on YouTube the other day questioning if we were actually taking ourselves into recession?

do you mean, lets all pretend it's not happening?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here