Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Patel's first idea was for the Royal Navy to sink them, but the Admiralty told her they had no intention of breaking International Maritime Law.
Further to your 'murderers' allegation (still no link), can you provide a link where she intended for the Navy to SINK the boats?

Cheers!

I just wouldn't want you to leave the impression that you simply make stuff up.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Patel's first idea was for the Royal Navy to sink them, but the Admiralty told her they had no intention of breaking International Maritime Law.
I'd forgotten about that. It's almost as if she felt the need to be as extreme and vindictive as possible to prove her credentials.

Didn't she also try to stop the RNLI (or maybe the coastguard) from rescuing boats?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales

I think the government will still win the vote, but sounds like the panic level had just gone up another notch.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sir Edward Leigh (Con) told MPs that he wanted parliament to pass the bill as quickly as possible. He said that, to stop the UK being affected by injunctions from the European court of human rights, it would probably be necessary to leave the European convention on human rights. The government did not have a mandate for that, he said. He said that might be a matter for the next manifesto.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Are these European Migrants then??

1702403822221.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Further to your 'murderers' allegation (still no link), can you provide a link where she intended for the Navy to SINK the boats?

Cheers!

Far be it from me to fight other people’s battles for them, this is the background to the Navy’s involvement

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Election to be called shortly 🤞
If Sunak doesn’t get this through, I reckon he might use it as a final threat to his MPs (a bit of Mutually Assured Destruction). Preempt any leadership nonsense.

That said, I don’t think the Government will lose tonight. It would be enormously funny if they do, but they won’t. The Third Reading in January is dangerous, and that’s before it even gets to the Lords (who will kick the shit out of it, steal it’s lunch money and send it crying back to the Commons).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks for that.

Without wishing to repeat myself, and read through, can you highlight the section about 'SINKING'?

Thanks.
I’m not the one alleging it, I’m just providing context.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Cheers!

Do keep up at the back

It doesn’t actually say "sink", but it would have been extremely dangerous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd forgotten about that. It's almost as if she felt the need to be as extreme and vindictive as possible to prove her credentials.

Didn't she also try to stop the RNLI (or maybe the coastguard) from rescuing boats?
No, that was more Farage & Elphick (Dover MP).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
......Andrew Bridgen (no longer a conservative MP) lingering behind Mark Francois at the 'New Conservative' announcement.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
ERG chair Mark Francois says rightwing Tory groups set to abstain, but that they expect PM to agree to toughen bill later

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
ERG chair Mark Francois says rightwing Tory groups set to abstain, but that they expect PM to agree to toughen bill later
In turn causing several other MPs to rebel and Rwanda themselves to pull out of the deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here