[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
In his briefing Mark Francois, chair of the European Research Group, said the ERG and the other four rightwing Tory groups had decided to reserve the right to vote against the bill at third reading if it does not get amended to their satisfaction.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Labour amendment has been defeated, by 337 votes to 269 – a government majority of 68.

MPs are now voting on the main motion – that the bill be read a second time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Indeed, once they've pulled out, I'm sure Zimbabwe would be willing to accommodate being paid hundreds of millions of pounds for doing nothing...
f*** it, they can all come and stay in my flat for a while if I’m getting paid £1bn for the privilege

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm unsure whether I want to see this unworkable bill passed, and fail, or see it fail to pass, and Sunak forced into an early election.

Its the second one, isn't it. Yes.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
In his briefing Mark Francois, chair of the European Research Group, said the ERG and the other four rightwing Tory groups had decided to reserve the right to vote against the bill at third reading if it does not get amended to their satisfaction.
Did I read that one of the other four groups are called the Common Sense Group?!

That’s irony finished then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Turkeys decide at the last minute to not vote for Christmas.

Still......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So we've recalled our Climate Change Minister from the culmination of a crucial global COP28 meeting so that he could contribute to a vote that the Government won with a comfortable majority of 44.

What a f*cking shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports