Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A surprise to no one. The local Tory MP leant on the Police to get this investigated, purely political.

Yep, they'd be cleared once and there was pressure from Richard Holden, a local MP, and the Daily Mail to get it re-opened. Starmer - who's the former DPP and must know the law backwards - was pretty confident there was no case to answer, and so it's proved.

There are some bonkers comments on the Daily Mail, accusing the police of being a far-left organisation. A claim that will probably cause some wry smiles from retired miners in the area

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Rehman Chishti, the Conservative MP for Gillingham and Rainham, says he is “actively considering” running for the party leadership.

The backbencher, who was born in Pakistan, was a party vice chair for communities under Theresa May, and a trade envoy to Pakistan under Boris Johnson.

He says: “We need leaders who best reflect modern Britain and can provide solutions to the challenges our nation is facing now.

"As someone who came to our great country at the age of six not speaking a word of English..our country is a land of opportunity for all and I want everyone to get the best chance in life possible."

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

So why in the name of all that's holy did he become a Tory?!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Daily Mail readers and Jeremy Corbyn fans alike.

It's all Corbyn's fault! Still can't let it go?

I am a Jeremy Corbyn "fan". But why would I want Starmer to get fined and plunge the Labour Party into the same chaos that the bungle**** has brought upon the Tories? And at a time when the Tories are struggling so much in the polls and Labour (if they get it right with the LibDems) could unseat the Tories at a GE?

Have you gone a bit daft?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A surprise to no one. The local Tory MP leant on the Police to get this investigated, purely political.

Especially when he went and had lunch with the Ghurkas a couple of days later.

Edit to add.

The whole thing was designed to deflect from Johnson, by trying to say everyone broke the rules, and the public thinking 'Oh, all politicians are the same'

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1545343071084314624[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I am a Jeremy Corbyn "fan". But why would I want Starmer to get fined and plunge the Labour Party into the same chaos that the bungle**** has brought upon the Tories? And at a time when the Tories are struggling so much in the polls and Labour (if they get it right with the LibDems) could unseat the Tories at a GE?

There has been a spate of Corbynistas on Twitter attacking 'Keith' as they like to call him. Not you, but there has been a bit of a campaign.

Rehman Chishti, the Conservative MP for Gillingham and Rainham, says he is “actively considering” running for the party leadership.

The backbencher, who was born in Pakistan, was a party vice chair for communities under Theresa May, and a trade envoy to Pakistan under Boris Johnson.

He says: “We need leaders who best reflect modern Britain and can provide solutions to the challenges our nation is facing now.

"As someone who came to our great country at the age of six not speaking a word of English...our country is a land of opportunity for all and I want everyone to get the best chance in life possible."

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

So why in the name of all that's holy did he become a Tory?!

I know Chishti ( unfortunately ) and he was a Labour councillor at one time before he decided his own personal ambition would be best served using the Tory party as his vehicle. He is totally unprincipled making him a strong candidate to lead the Tory party.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Meanwhile........

fatsamagain.JPG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

No.

There has been a spate of Corbynistas on Twitter attacking 'Keith' as they like to call him. Not you, but there has been a bit of a campaign.

Just a bit.
More of an absolute avalanche than a campaign, frankly

This and this.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not a good couple of days for the Daily Mail.4B7CAEBB-540A-4889-9D88-7E82B4CC93D4.jpeg

And today’Beergate’(ridiculous name) is shown be a load of absolute bollox.

It’s really cheered me up.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Just a bit.
More of an absolute avalanche than a campaign, frankly

Why is it there are a section of leftists labelled Corbynistas and seen as a weird cult because they believe in radical left wing policies which would improve the country and be more for the people. Yet there are a huge section of people who adore Boris Johnson, beleive or let him off all his lies and deceit and are prepared to forgive every misdemeanour no matter how depraved or damaging it is for the country. Surely Johnsonistas are the real cultists who should be castigated?

Herr Ing Gull

Sep 3, 2014
Why is it there are a section of leftists labelled Corbynistas and seen as a weird cult because they believe in radical left wing policies which would improve the country and be more for the people. Yet there are a huge section of people who adore Boris Johnson, beleive or let him off all his lies and deceit and are prepared to forgive every misdemeanour no matter how depraved or damaging it is for the country. Surely Johnsonistas are the real cultists who should be castigated?

Johnsonshitas might be a better description

Sent from my moto g(9) play using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here