Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Indeed, the idea that any migrant travelling across numerous safe European countries to reach the UK or people trafficking gangs, would be deterred by a tiny chance of being returned via the Dublin agreement is laughable. Even.more amusing, In 2018
there were 1,215 transfers into the UK under the Dublin Regulation. There were 209 transfers out of the UK under the Dublin Regulation.

Unfortunately some people are obsessed with blaming the Tories and/or Brexit for absolutely everything ...
The Tories have been in power for 13 years! Who do you blame?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks for the offer - but I'd rather take it from the reality of countless film clips of the 1930's - why don't you - the holocaust came later in the 1940's? We're not stupid -Lineker's inference was that the goverment where acting like the Nazis - and morons are cheering him for that distortion.
You do realise basically every film clip of the 1930s which has survived is pro-Nazi propaganda, right?

I based my thesis on primary resources. I think you’ll find that trumps whatever shite you found on YouTube.

The holocaust as we would know it started in about 1936/37 with the enforced sterilisation of the disabled, with executions starting in 1937 at Sachsenhausen and Buchenwald.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
and why is that, pray tell? Why not provide an answer WITH EVIDENCE if you have it.... or admit you are just speculating.
I think it's a reasonable speculation. Why do people get on a small boat in France to come to England? I stand by my belief that it's because they want to leave France and come to England. I don't think that's controversial. ;)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Thanks for the offer - but I'd rather take it from the reality of countless film clips of the 1930's - why don't you - the holocaust came later in the 1940's? We're not stupid -Lineker's inference was that the goverment where acting like the Nazis - and morons are cheering him for that distortion.
Dear oh dear
Keep up at the back
Maybe try reading some serious history books.
Which 30’s films have you watched? Genuinely interested 🤣🤣

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You do realise basically every film clip of the 1930s which has survived is pro-Nazi propaganda, right?

I based my thesis on primary resources. I think you’ll find that trumps whatever shite you found on YouTube.

The holocaust as we would know it started in about 1936/37 with the enforced sterilisation of the disabled, with executions starting in 1937 at Sachsenhausen and Buchenwald.
What we learn from history, is that it was people not realising what was happening in front of their very eyes, who contributed to the rise of Nazism. People who were told what to think and who accepted it blindly. People who didn’t look below the headlines of a subservient press. People who became brainwashed and brain dead to the realities happening around them.

Until it was too late.

There seem to be quite a lot of those people on this thread unfortunately…..

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What we learn from history, is that it was people not realising what was happening in front of their very eyes, who contributed to the rise of Nazism. People who were told what to think and who accepted it blindly. People who didn’t look below the headlines of a subservient press. People who became brainwashed and brain dead to the realities happening around them.

Until it was too late.

There seem to be quite a lot of those people on this thread unfortunately…..
You lost me at 'what we learn from history...'

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think it's a reasonable speculation. Why do people get on a small boat in France to come to England? I stand by my belief that it's because they want to leave France and come to England. I don't think that's controversial. ;)
You have beliefs, now where is your evidence for those beliefs? Your unconvincing rhetorical question comes straight out of the Daily Mail playbook...... ;)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
First Attenborough, then Lineker, this clever distraction and erosion of rights is working for the far right agenda that cannot tolerate free speech....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 07.59.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 07.59.35.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: A1X

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It is a bit like the 1930's in Germany though , expect instead of sending people of to be executed we book them into hotels . Maybe we will invade Poland next and march on to Moscow , who knows what Rishi has planned next . seemed like a nice chap when he first appeared on our TV screen .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It is a bit like the 1930's in Germany though , expect instead of sending people of to be executed we book them into hotels . Maybe we will invade Poland next and march on to Moscow , who knows what Rishi has planned next . seemed like a nice chap when he first appeared on our TV screen .
good input

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Whilst I'm not entirely in agreement with many on this thread who are just turning something a celebrity said into some sort of Holocaust theory.............You do know that many of the Jews put on the trains to the death camps, were assured they were going to holiday camps with good facilities...?

Can you see the mild correlation with putting "boat people" in hotels then wanting to transport them to Rwanda, telling the world they will be fine there, and........

Rwanda......that place where as recently as 1994 they committed genocide resulting in the deaths of an estimated 500,000 - 660,000 of the Tutsi,s in as little as just over three months.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Lineker criticised the LANGUAGE of the tory leadership, and frankly the LANGUAGE was not dissimilar to the rhetoric of 1930s Germany. That is where the similarity ends, although goodness knows where the language on either side of the argument could lead us. To talk about 'Poland invasion' etc just diminishes the debate.... again.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sadly Johnson's back room staff seem to still be there; the ones that adopted Trump's three word slogans. Stop The Boats is basically Build The Wall. Pretty insulting stuff really. Hopefully it will backfire on them as those that might have been influenced see it for what it is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst I'm not entirely in agreement with many on this thread who are just turning something a celebrity said into some sort of Holocaust theory.............You do know that many of the Jews put on the trains to the death camps, were assured they were going to holiday camps with good facilities...?

Can you see the mild correlation with putting "boat people" in hotels then wanting to transport them to Rwanda, telling the world they will be fine there, and........

Rwanda......that place where as recently as 1994 they committed genocide resulting in the deaths of an estimated 500,000 - 660,000 of the Tutsi,s in as little as just over three months.
Hitler’s first plan was to send Jewish people to Madagascar. Rwanda is a very similar idea.
We were led to believe that asylum claims would be dealt with there, but it has been revealed it’s a one way ticket.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think it’s more that the government are planning to detain and deport people with no legal recourse or representation.

But I suspect you know that.

Reactions: A1X

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Earlier than that Dachau was the first concentration camp and was opened in 1933.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lineker criticised the LANGUAGE of the tory leadership, and frankly the LANGUAGE was not dissimilar to the rhetoric of 1930s Germany. That is where the similarity ends, although goodness knows where the language on either side of the argument could lead us. To talk about 'Poland invasion' etc just diminishes the debate.... again.
Quite. Language and rhetoric lead to belief and blind follow through.

Once you start down that road, bad things happen.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No that happens in about 12 years mate - read your history books again
oh...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here