Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory law breakers

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I thought Brussels made all our laws, what the hell happened today?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It wouldn't amaze me if in the light of what we've seen today, the Libs, SNP, Labour and a few moderate tories do a back room deal on this. It would make Corbyn PM, but on a VERY limited and specific basis.

Agree, but not sure that counts as being 'in power'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well they don't.
That would undermine our sovereignty.

Leave Means Leaves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can Boris appeal to The European Supreme Court?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Easy, these are all double agents in the pay of Brussels. QED...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can Boris appeal to The European Supreme Court?

For a genuine answer (because it's still relevant and a little bit amusing), no he can't go to the European Court of Justice, because...the ECJ has no legal powers over the UK constitution, because they don't make our laws for us!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For a genuine answer (because it's still relevant and a little bit amusing), no he can't go to the European Court of Justice, because...the ECJ has no legal powers over the UK constitution, because they don't make our laws for us!

Who knew? :shrug:

Our PM has broken the law. Just reflect on that. And I'd ask you to identify the last time such a ruling has been made.

Actually i really think this is stretching it..Their judgement amounts to them saying he did not have the grounds he stated to prorog parliament. He could argue that "ok so my reasining was wrong" This doesnt make him a lawbreaker and certainly dont think he should resign (BTW i have NEVER voted for anyone in my life so am not a Tory)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon those 11 "enemies of the people" might want to avoid the morning papers tomorrow.

Amazing isn’t it. There are now more enemies of the people than there are people, it seems.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Remain should have written that on the side of a (big) bus.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1176449928043945984[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1176432680889720832[/TWEET]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Proves 100% why we need an elected Head of State rather than a constitutional monarch who has to agree with whatever the Prime Minister wants. Checks and balances and all that.

Good news is: at least that debate is over!

proves nothing, as it doesnt say what power a head of state would have. you can have one elected but rubber stamps the parliament, one that is powerfull enough to bypass parliament routinely, or something in between.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here