Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory law breakers

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's true although the aren't many jobs where you can work for one company and decide one morning you don't like the way the bosses are running it so you start working for a main competitor without having to apply or be interviewed.

That is true. "I'm going to sit over here now"....:shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is going to be very interesting because there is a strong implication that Johnson has lied to the Queen. Will the Daily Mail want anything to do with that?

And broken the law. I'm interested as to when the judiciary last ruled that a serving PM has broken the law.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Or they just ignore it's happened altogether, and go with:

Eating Soil Can Cause Cancer

The Express will go with a weather story about a killer hurricane heading our way. Not 100% sure on the Mail now that Dacre has gone...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Related-ish can anyone help me out what normally happens during conference season?

BBC covering this, and stating that PMQs would normally be tomorrow at noon, which it would, but Jeremy Corbyn is due on stage in Brighton at exactly the same time.

If proroguing hadn't taken place, how "present" would Labour have been in Parliament Mon - Wed this week, and what would have happened at PMQ?

And what of next week's Tory Party Conference?! Going to be a lot of empty hotels/lap dancing clubs in Manchester!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Or they just ignore it's happened altogether, and go with:

Eating Soil Can Cause Cancer

I was thinking maybe worms give blackbilds cancer, or seagulls too fat to fly after chip binge on Brighton seafront following climate change lesbian Muslim march litter louts . .or something.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Predictions for front page of the Daily Mail. Anyone???

Princess Diana Responsible for a Rise House Prices.

side bar - 16 year old Chardonnay enjoys late summer sunshine.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1176443144558305280[/TWEET]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He's absolutely right though. And the amusing thing is that he is only saying it because Cummings and Farage hate each other. Pair of fking twats.

He did of course say:

34428B90-4D63-4B40-AFDC-FF7F9C450332.png

Amazing how people can’t see through this clown

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Parliament would be in recess normally ( not prorogued )...

but this is not compulsory and they could have voted to not have a recess for the conferences.

So Parliament could have gone on as normal with speakers "popping along" to their conferences when needed to speak etc.

Also Parliamentary business goes on in recess as normal, just not debates.

I believe that to be in recess there is normally a vote so unless they turn up tomorrow and put forward a motion to recess parliament, pass it and then go to their conference. Of course, it has been reported that very few Labour MPs are actually at the conference due to the influence of Momentum so they could quite easily sit tomorrow, apart of course for JC himself who is doing a speech.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So basically, all the MP's are usually on their piss-up fortnight at the moment following their long summer holidays and instead of getting another couple of weeks off they will have to come back to work early. And they get paid a fortune to do it. Love a job like that.

£77k as an MP doesn't strike me as paid a fortune given the hours, working in London etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here