Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory law breakers

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Parliament would be in recess normally ( not prorogued )...

but this is not compulsory and they could have voted to not have a recess for the conferences.

So Parliament could have gone on as normal with speakers "popping along" to their conferences when needed to speak etc.

Also
Parliamentary business goes on in recess as normal, just not debates.

Absolutely this!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What we have been is the country's constitutional framework holding firm against a dangerous executive.

This isn't about Brexit, its about abuse of power.

Really the PM should now resign.....

And unbelievable stupidity.

All Boris had to do was be seen to be working flat out to get a deal, then fail, then we tumble out with no deal on Oct 31, Boris shrugs his shoulders, there is a few months of pain, then we get down to the business of making all the necessary deals (that will keep people busy for 10 years).

This is not what I wanted, but blimey it would have been easy to achieve.

Instead he agrees a bonkers plan (cooked up by his alcoholic advisor, Cummings), blunders into it, has no contingency, blusters, and falls on his face, now The Worst ever British PM (and hopefully soon the shortest lived). What a plum.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
press "what do you think of this ruling that your proroguing of Parliament was unlawful"
BJ "I didn't prorogue Parliament"
press "what do you mean?"
BJ "it's not been prorogued, the MPs just haven't been bothering to turn up"
press "but you sent privvy councillors to meet the Queen who prorogued Parliament on your behalf"
BJ "oh that...that...erm....blur....that wasn't real"
press "are you okay Mr Johnson?"
BJ "....bluthering....erm...hiccup...yep...there's no press here.... right I'm off to award a grant to a girl who loves a BJ"
Trying to work out if that interview is real or not ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If Johnson did resign, could Labour get into power with out an election?

Theoretically yes, if they were able to form a minority government. It would need co-operation from all of the opposition parties, so would seem very unlikely. However, if Johnson resigns as PM and an election timetable may mean falling out of the EU at the end of October, there is a small chance that they may agree to support him until an extension could be agreed and an election could follow. Swinson has suggested a government of national unity under someone else, but there is absolutley no chance that the Labour Party would support any other candidate than their leader. If they did, they would be going into an election saying 'Vote for us. We have the leader who couldn't even be trusted as a caretaker.'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
EFOVWNYWsAA2zBg.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Parliament is normally prorogued for conference season (or most of it, as many parties aren't in parliament, or have limited parliamentary representation). It's the extension beyond that which is unusual.

The most powerful thing Corbyn could do to improve his standing with the UK electorate is to leave his own party's conference and turn up tomorrow in Parliament. After this decision the country needs to see leadership.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So the clamours to come back immediately, ie tomorrow, is utter bollocks as they wouldn't ordinarily be in anyway?

Parliament would be in recess so normal parliamentary business would continue. For example, Boris got out of having to answer questions to the Brexit Committee by proroguing which he would have to attend during a normal conference recess.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was thinking maybe worms give blackbilds cancer, or seagulls too fat to fly after chip binge on Brighton seafront following climate change lesbian Muslim march litter louts . .or something.

I like all of them but I’d want benefit scroungers in there somewhere.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If Johnson did resign, could Labour get into power with out an election?

For that to happen a Vote of No Confidence would have to pass and then the Lib Dems and SNP would have to support Corbyn as Prime Minister which they appear reluctant to do even if it's only a temporary measure to extend Art 50 and call a referendum.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't think Richard Littlejohn from the Mail helped Boris's case by bragging in his column about Boris telling lies

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the first time in 70 years Prince Charles has probably stopped hiding round corners and jumping out on mummy shouting "boooooooo".

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I reckon those 11 "enemies of the people" might want to avoid the morning papers tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here