Tony Grealish RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sad news, the first player from "my era" to have passed away, I started going in 1980 and was a 100% home game person for about 6 years with my dad and have fond memories of Tony and his leadership. the 83 team was immense and he was a huge part of that

RIP Tony and best wishes to his family

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sad news, the first player from "my era" to have passed away, I started going in 1980 and was a 100% home game person for about 6 years with my dad and have fond memories of Tony and his leadership. the 83 team was immense and he was a huge part of that

RIP Tony and best wishes to his family

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Great player - part of the side that I grew up with. Amazing to think he was only 26 in the cup final (I think the beard made him look older). R.I.P.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Brighton--Hove-Albion-Logo-psd66374_edited-1.png

RIP Tony. Forever a Seagull

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
R I P Tony, very sad news.

Can remember seeing lead the team out at Wembley as if it was yesterday. Plus I was there with my Grandad who is sadly not with us anymore either.

Was a fantastic day that will live long in the memory.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
What a great player he was. His place in Albion's history is assured for eternity. RIP fella.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In answer to the earlier query, Tony Grealish does have a banner on the legends wall at the Amex.

A bouquet of blue & white (& yellow) flowers is now resting beneath his image, on behalf of NSC.

In answer to the earlier query, Tony Grealish does have a banner on the legends wall at the Amex.

A bouquet of blue & white (& yellow) flowers is now resting beneath his image, on behalf of NSC.

Top work Edna.

Did you take a picture of it?

Would be nice to see.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a sad day. He was in the side when I started going to the Goldstone in 1982/83, was a decent foil to the flair of Case and Smillie. RIP Tony.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Very sad to hear. Regards to his family.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey very sad news indeed.

I remember putting him in a taxi after he fell asleep at Coasters on the seafront.Completely off his face one night. Genuinly nice bloke.

RIP
Condolences to his friends and family

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports