Tony Grealish RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Tragic news, a true grafter. RIP, thanks for the memories Tony, thoughts are with his family and friends.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Very sad news RIP Tony the head band was a special moment but you were much more than that thank you for the memories

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Really sad news. RIP Tony Grealish. Never one to shirk a challenge. Always put a shift in.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Thanks for some of our greatest Albion memories Tony, and thanks for everything you did for this club. RIP mate! :bowdown:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As skipper on our greatest day and a player that never gave less than 100% Tony deserves something very special from the club and fans, I am sure that it will be sorted, I cant think of many other players that would deserve this respect above and beyond the usual.clapping or silence. A real servant of the Albion RIP.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Was only watching the big match revisited this morning

Tony Grealish was playing for Orient

He was the type of player that if it was "stand up and be counted"

He'd be at the head of the queue

Very sad news

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Tony Grealish came to fill Nobby Horton's place which was a really big ask. He was successful in that and at the centre of the midfield in our best ever season and then the cup final. Tough, great tackler, hard shot and never stopped running. Easy to say but he was a proper Albion LEGEND.

I like the idea of silence followed by earth shattering applause and cheering with a chant for Tony.

Tony Grealish - Albion Legend RIP

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
He features in two pieces of match commentary that are forever ingrained in my memory (if I remember them well enough) as he was part of the build up to both goals that we scored in the Cup Final.

"Grealish square to Smillie, Number Eight Howlett, chipping one in for Gordon Smith, It's there!"

and

"Case pulls it back to Grealish, a little touch for Stevens, It's there! 2-2"

I may not have the wording precisely right, but I'm pretty sure of his significant role in both goals in my most favourite match ever, so I pay my tribute to him with everyone else.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Sad news - so young. Would be nice if the club could pay an appropriate tribute to our FA Cup Final Captain through the programme v Wolves as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

Top BHAFC man

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
A chorus of "One Tony Grealish" would be appropriate at the Wolves game I think.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very, very sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Replacing Nobby was a nigh on impossible task, but one he seemed to relish.

RIP Tony, taken far far too young.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
RIP Tony, a very sad loss. One of the true Albion greats.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is sad news. Saw him play many times for the Albion.

RIP

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Very very sad news. Tony Grealish was part of the side when I first started watching as a kid so all of those players were heroes to me. Thoughts are with his family. RIP Tony.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Shocking news. A great professional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports