Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - Fans' Forum

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bloom made it extremely clear that there WILL NOT be any major expansion of the stadium. He indicated that there were pockets of the stadium where we could add further seating, but they were all in the 10s and not hundreds let alone the thousands that others are speculating about.

One other point that he mentioned that I don't think has generated much discussion on this thread: he mentioned, when asked about Stephens and our top players, that we have a number of players of PL quality and that it would be unfair to keep them tied to the club if we don't make it to the PL. So, perhaps counter-intuitively, we may well have more churn of players if we don't go up this season than if we do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bloom made it extremely clear that there WILL NOT be any major expansion of the stadium. He indicated that there were pockets of the stadium where we could add further seating, but they were all in the 10s and not hundreds let alone the thousands that others are speculating about.

One other point that he mentioned that I don't think has generated much discussion on this thread: he mentioned, when asked about Stephens and our top players, that we have a number of players of PL quality and that it would be unfair to keep them tied to the club if we don't make it to the PL. So, perhaps counter-intuitively, we may well have more churn of players if we don't go up this season than if we do.

Whatever happens, it is going to be a busy summer.

If we don't go up, expect Dunk, Stephens, maybe Kayal, possibly Knockaert to all need replacing.

If we do go up there are a load of players that will need upgrading, and some like Dunk might STILL get better offers.

Probably the worst of all possible scenarios is to miss out again in the play-offs, lose the out of contracts and a couple of stars, and have to rebuild, but starting a month late.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If we don't go up, expect Dunk, Stephens, maybe Kayal, possibly Knockaert to all need replacing.

If we do go up there are a load of players that will need upgrading, and some like Dunk might STILL get better offers.

Probably the worst of all possible scenarios is to miss out again in the play-offs, lose the out of contracts and a couple of stars, and have to rebuild, but starting a month late.

You've also omitted that Chris O'Grady's contract expires as the end of the season too. Add him to the list of irreplaceables?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It's almost as if we've got play-off fatigue round these parts :wink:
Agree with all that, but would expect Dunk to stay for a year if we make it to PL at the least.
I do think there will be less activity if promotion happens, and suspect that all our top stars will stick to their contract, or sign a new one. If that does happen we'll need to strengthen up front (and maybe a CAM, e.g. Hughes) and at full-back, perhaps at goalkeeper, but we've got quality and strength in depth elsewhere.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's almost as if we've got play-off fatigue round these parts :wink:
Agree with all that, but would expect Dunk to stay for a year if we make it to PL at the least.
I do think there will be less activity if promotion happens, and suspect that all our top stars will stick to their contract, or sign a new one. If that does happen we'll need to strengthen up front (and maybe a CAM, e.g. Hughes) and at full-back, perhaps at goalkeeper, but we've got quality and strength in depth elsewhere.

If we went up you'd imagine Dunk will be happy to stay, but IF a properly big club showed interest -Chelsea / Arsenal, the result would be the same.

We would IMO be looking to strengthen, or add depth, in EVERY position, bar perhaps the wingers.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we went up you'd imagine Dunk will be happy to stay, but IF a properly big club showed interest -Chelsea / Arsenal, the result would be the same.

We would IMO be looking to strengthen, or add depth, in EVERY position, bar perhaps the wingers.

You're probably right on both of these points, although regarding the latter I'd rather we went for quality over quantity.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we are in the Championship next season I totally expect Dunk, Stephens, Kayal and Knockaert not to be with us, they will get Prem offers, and we will let them go.

IF by chance we do go up, we will still need to be busy escpecially in Full back and Front man areas, at least 6 players would be needed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I''m well aware of that hans, just wondered why you were so taken by it , he's BHAFC Chairman and that's it for me
regards
DR

Why I'm bothering, Christ knows, but...

He's the guy who has saved / transformed OUR club with his enormous generosity, and who despite being worth billions and having dozens of staff who he could send instead, chooses to give up his precious time to sit and listen to his fellow Albion fans, moan about program binding styles. A guy who will sit suited up with the opposition directors, and then wait in the rain with the Albion supporters, on train station platforms across the country, clutching his carrier bag of tinnies.

If you consider him to be 'BHA Chairman and that's it' it says FAR more about you than him.

Jan 30, 2008

He's the guy who has saved / transformed OUR club with his enormous generosity, and who despite being worth billions and having dozens of staff who he could send instead, chooses to give up his precious time to sit and listen to his fellow Albion fans, moan about program binding styles. A guy who will sit suited up with the opposition directors, and then wait in the rain with the Albion supporters, on train station platforms across the country, clutching his carrier bag of tinnies.

If you consider him to be 'BHA Chairman and that's it' it says FAR more about you than him.
fair comment , i'm never one to put anyone on a pedal stool ,leave it at that:thumbsup:
regards
DR

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yeah but apart from that, what did he......etc......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here