Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - Fans' Forum

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Should shut up a few on here who seem to think we can't wait to sell some of the stars as fast as possible.

If we were going to sell anyone it would have been in the summer, when Stephens especially would have been worth more. Why anyone would think that we'd stand firm on summer bids and then, having had the start we've had, decide to sell key players in January.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
[yt]zKJqq68pOtQ[/yt]

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The young lad's question was brilliant. The best thing for me was, him and his 5 year old brother were sat in the front row, good as gold asking their questions, and their Dad sat in the back row and just let them get on with their business. It was brilliant.

The 5 year old asked "Do we know who was letting the fireworks off when we scored goals?". Tony's reply was to ask him how old he was (reply, 5 years old) to which Tony added of course, "you weren't even born when this was going on!!"

Cracking pair of young kids, 100% respect.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
And I second the point about the striker.

For a world class poker player, there was an unmistakable glint in his eye when he answered this question.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hardly going to say yes we are looking to sell everyone - the market will dictate I am sure
Well, before Tony has always talked about every player having his price when answering such questions.

This was a statement about not selling any this January ( except those we don't want to keep ).

Very different answer to normal.

Derosaxs

Nov 11, 2014
Chesham via Worthing
Wasn't there but watched the live feed. Interesting and informative.
Glad to hear we won't be selling important players. Although ridiculous offers might be tempting.
What really shone through is the fact that Tony is a proper fan and a proper owner.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Just watched this....

Always good to hear the thoughts of our chairman.

The personal highlight for me was the chap who asked if the club could change their match day programme binding methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morpeth Kev

Dec 26, 2015
Thanks - I'm his old man as you say sat in the back with his 11 year old brother and the 2 little ones asked their questions unprompted good as gold.

I am a bit proud and thanks for the nice comments. I also know that bringing up 3 boys in Northumberland if it wasn't for Uncle Tony may not have been so easy. As it is, they are all as mad as me, come to almost every away game and all have season tickets.

Great forum, great effort by Tony and great day.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just watched this....

Always good to hear the thoughts of our chairman.

The personal highlight for me was the chap who asked if the club could change their match day programme binding methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF was that all about? What a waste of a question.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
The one superb moment of the forum was when an eight year old lad takes the microphone, and as calmly as you like asks Tony: "Tony, when you hear the fans singing 'Tony Bloom's Blue & White Army', do you think... 'yeah, I'm the man?" Massive round of applause; Tony laughs hard; eight year old looks bewilderingly puzzled at the reaction. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here