Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tonights England game at the Amex

Are you watching tonight’s England game at the Amex?

• Oh yeah!

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 56 42.7%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh great there is no end to your talents - wastrel, pizza fanatic, drug abuse, authority on everything Swedish, Potter mania (sadly for us) and now English women football

I thought he made a rather good point.

Swanny may be a bit erratic, but there does seem to be a bit of bullying going on in this forum where he is concerned.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well that was pleasant, nice to see local schools attending, boys and girls.
Only good can come their experience at the Amex tonight, Norway were not great, but I think England just wanted the ball more, and we’re relentless in their attacks and determination to get to the ball first. Frankly Norway we’re not allowed to settle from the get go, it was by no means a sell out, and actually thought the final 28+ announced was on the high side.

Enjoyable night, loved seeing my daughter smile, jump and cheer, worth the admission fee alone.

Well done England.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
What a refreshing change ... great fun and as others have said, fantastic to see so many youngsters enjoying themselves in a safe and friendly atmosphere.

I'm back on Friday for Austria v Norway and next week for the 1/4 final!

Usual queue for trains after ... think I got the third one from when I started queuing. But none of the nonsense we sometimes see ... everyone queued patiently ... well, apart from a few girls we saw that pushed there way though to the front!

Well done England ladies ... :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was playing football just a few hundred metres from the pitch. I knew the score before I had a chance to look it up - some decent crowd noise

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well that was pleasant, nice to see local schools attending, boys and girls.
Only good can come their experience at the Amex tonight, Norway were not great, but I think England just wanted the ball more, and we’re relentless in their attacks and determination to get to the ball first. Frankly Norway we’re not allowed to settle from the get go, it was by no means a sell out, and actually thought the final 28+ announced was on the high side.

Enjoyable night, loved seeing my daughter smile, jump and cheer, worth the admission fee alone.

Well done England.

Very glad that she enjoyed the night, PF. Special memories. An outstanding victory.

I've mentioned a bit about the attendances on the Euros thread, so no real need to rehash it here. The argument will probably go that because the tickets are so cheap (£10 adults, £5 children), it's less of a financial hit if people either can't or decide not to go on the day. But equally it's good that they are cheap to not exclude potential supporters purely on cost. It's a bit of a dilemma.

However, what is likely after tonight is that attendances will be high for the remainder of England's games this tournament, people with tickets will be probably more likely to attend and general interest in the Lionesses will grow.

The acid test will be the impact on attendances week-in, week-out for WSL and Women's Championship matches next season. If there's a significant upsurge of interest, there's a chance that the game could be sustainable in the future which is what all would want. At the moment, it's probably fair to say the jury's out.

Winning the Euros on home soil would help significantly here. Let's hope they do it.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
First game my daughter watched live tonight and she thought it was immense. I found it far more entertaining than watching the men's side. The passion and engagement with the fans after was great too. I've not seen an atmosphere like that at the Amex since the Wednesday play off game. Back on Friday where my daugher is mascot and then the following Wednesday for the quarter final which will also be the better half's first match.
Seems the first few rows in the south and north may have been corporates hence so many empty. That was the only negative....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just a brilliant, brilliant night at the Amex. Even the clackers were great. Atmosphere after final whistle was better than most Albion matches.

Bit weird seeing the only options of Heineken or Heineken, but who cares.

Trains absolute carnage after though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very glad that she enjoyed the night, PF. Special memories. An outstanding victory.

I've mentioned a bit about the attendances on the Euros thread, so no real need to rehash it here. The argument will probably go that because the tickets are so cheap (£10 adults, £5 children), it's less of a financial hit if people either can't or decide not to go on the day. But equally it's good that they are cheap to not exclude potential supporters purely on cost. It's a bit of a dilemma.

However, what is likely after tonight is that attendances will be high for the remainder of England's games this tournament, people with tickets will be probably more likely to attend and general interest in the Lionesses will grow.

The acid test will be the impact on attendances week-in, week-out for WSL and Women's Championship matches next season. If there's a significant upsurge of interest, there's a chance that the game could be sustainable in the future which is what all would want. At the moment, it's probably fair to say the jury's out.

Winning the Euros on home soil would help significantly here. Let's hope they do it.

Good post. Was discussing exactly that point with junior after the game (he works in the women’s game so has far more insight than me). From what I’ve seen over the last 3-4 years, having this tournament here, now, with England grabbing the momentum possibly couldn’t have been better timed. The game, standard of football and crowds (and inevitably the amount of money in the game) have all been rising rapidly anyway, so to get a massive boost like this now could turn out to be a real watershed moment. Even if only a % of the thousands of kids there last night (and at the other England games in particular) pick it up as a real interest it’ll make a big difference. Easy for the crusty old dinosaurs among us to sneer at it all, but even at Championship games last season I saw hordes of young girls attending, getting very into it and hero-worshipping the players. Brilliant to see.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First game my daughter watched live tonight and she thought it was immense. I found it far more entertaining than watching the men's side. The passion and engagement with the fans after was great too. I've not seen an atmosphere like that at the Amex since the Wednesday play off game. Back on Friday where my daugher is mascot and then the following Wednesday for the quarter final which will also be the better half's first match.
Seems the first few rows in the south and north may have been corporates hence so many empty. That was the only negative....

Looked to me like the front three rows in N & S hadn’t been sold at all - along with a couple of complete blocks in the West Upper - apart from that the ground was pretty full. According to the UEFA site capacity is 30,000, so maybe it was capped at that by the organisers, hence the vacant groups of seats ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Great fun (clackers aside) and from reading comments on here absolutely thrilled to have skipped away early and avoided the train fun later on.

Felt for the poor daughter/dad combo at the station though. Having taken a similar decision obviously to slide off early, it had obviously become a little too much for the poor lass, projectile vomiting pink sputum type stuff à la James Wilson. Hope she's OK today.

Usual issues with not testing the beer before opening causing queueage early doors, but all things considered bring on next Wednesday.

Loved singing the Save her Maj pre-match, quite powerful for The Amex.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Watched the first half. Great performance and good publicity for Brighton and the many mentions of Amex very pleasing for our main sponsor.
Looked like crowd consisted of many youngsters which is great because womens game needs to attract a new audience to domestic game and hope this reflects on increased crowds at Crawley.
For those that attended how did the travel arrangements work on public transport and P & R

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Watched the first half. Great performance and good publicity for Brighton and the many mentions of Amex very pleasing for our main sponsor.
Looked like crowd consisted of many youngsters which is great because womens game needs to attract a new audience to domestic game and hope this reflects on increased crowds at Crawley.
For those that attended how did the travel arrangements work on public transport and P & R

We did P&R, and found it similar to match day, although the Racecourse queue next to us in the Mill Rd queue seemed huge compared to normal lengths.
Strangely, getting out of Mill Rd was infinitely easier than it’s ever been so I can only guess it didn’t sell out?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

The front few rows were cordoned off due to the Photographers and TV equipment blocking the view of the pitch

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Strangely, getting out of Mill Rd was infinitely easier than it’s ever been so I can only guess it didn’t sell out?

Was showing as sold out last week. Presumably tightly capped (fewer busses?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here