Tonight's controversial thread Buckley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are we a better or worse team when he plays since his last injury?

Personally I think having his as an outlet only works if he runs at players.....I get the impression he has either lost the confidence to beat a man or his injury has taken his turn of speed away.

Certainly today against a decent young full back, he seemed to look to have a go and then cut back in....yet in the past he has destroyed players like him with his pace.

Whatcha think?

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
He's been very over rated this season , sadly he is a player who will never for fill his potential IMO

I hope I'm wrong , I really hope I'm wrong !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just me then?

:-(

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not back to full fitness, one fully back will be a force once more.

Until the ham string strikes again.thought he was decent today until he went off.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Are we a better or worse team when he plays since his last injury?

Personally I think having his as an outlet only works if he runs at players.....I get the impression he has either lost the confidence to beat a man or his injury has taken his turn of speed away.

Certainly today against a decent young full back, he seemed to look to have a go and then cut back in....yet in the past he has destroyed players like him with his pace.

Whatcha think?

A decent young full back my a---.

He had Buckley on the deck three times in the first ten minutes.

When fully fit he will come seriously good again.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Thing is with Buckley is that his main strength is not beating players, it's using his speed to get in behind. Very useful asset to have, especially since teams often come and sit deep at the Amex.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dixon had him in his pocket. Superb positioning, Buckley was totally outclassed.
:eek: Got a fair few corners/crosses in considering he was outclassed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He ain't fit, blowing after 40 mins.

At 35 minutes I remember saying to my mate "Buckley's f***ed, look at him". He's definitely not fit. I thought he was good in the first half today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports