Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's controversial thread Buckley

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Buckley played well today, gave the left back plenty to think about all afternoon.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Playing after having a chest infection is never going to be easy. You will lose a bit of pace and energy purely because your lungs have to work so hard.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Are we a better or worse team when he plays since his last injury?

Personally I think having his as an outlet only works if he runs at players.....I get the impression he has either lost the confidence to beat a man or his injury has taken his turn of speed away.

Certainly today against a decent young full back, he seemed to look to have a go and then cut back in....yet in the past he has destroyed players like him with his pace.

Whatcha think?

Why so critical?......he's not yet match fit, and has a tendency for tight hamstrings....he has to be nursed
Just be pleased in this age of squad rotation that we have Will as a quality option

Just me then?

:-(

Nope you're not, I wasn't there today but I don't think he's looked fully fit/committed for ages and has consequently posed a much lesser threat. Still, I also think that KLL has been the big disappointment this season and that El Abd's general limitations as a footballer cause us more problems than his commitment, tackling etc resolve - so what do I know?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Nope you're not, I wasn't there today but I don't think he's looked fully fit/committed for ages and has consequently posed a much lesser threat. Still, I also think that KLL has been the big disappointment this season and that El Abd's general limitations as a footballer cause us more problems than his commitment, tackling etc resolve - so what do I know?

Jeez how many more people are gonna talk complete & utter crap on here tonight.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good wind up. You've caught a couple.

He was afraid to run at him and his final ball was terrible. He won some corners, fair play. But you compare this performance to how he played against Leeds earlier in the season... Dixon did well today, fouling him early in the game seemed to knock his confidence. Buckley was disappointing again today, but don't mind me. All I did was WATCH the game, not decide 4-1 = amazing win. Glossed over some decidedly ordinary individual performamces today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was afraid to run at him and his final ball was terrible. He won some corners, fair play. But you compare this performance to how he played against Leeds earlier in the season... Dixon did well today, fouling him early in the game seemed to knock his confidence. Buckley was disappointing again today, but don't mind me. All I did was WATCH the game, not decide 4-1 = amazing win. Glossed over some decidedly ordinary individual performamces today.

Ok, you need to make an appointment at Specsavers then. He's not fully fit after his virus but he got the crosses in and beat Dixon for pace especially in the first half.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

@Ninja you really are hard to please----we did have a few off their game today but we fecking won for christ's sake. Go gaze at your belly button mate or have a few :drink:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ok, you need to make an appointment at Specsavers then. He's not fully fit after his virus but he got the crosses in and beat Dixon for pace especially in the first half.

Because I disagree with you? Other people I have spoken to saw the same I did, if you thought he played well today then your expectations for him are VERY low. He is much better than his performance today but if all you want is him winning corners then fine.

There's nothing wrong with being honest about his performance, even if people don't want to see it. I'm sure people thought Dicker was poor, but that is a common and easy opinion. Buckley seems almost untouchable but on todays performance he shouldn't be.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Because I disagree with you? Other people I have spoken to saw the same I did, if you thought he played well today then your expectations for him are VERY low. He is much better than his performance today but if all you want is him winning corners then fine.

There's nothing wrong with being honest about his performance, even if people don't want to see it. I'm sure people thought Dicker was poor, but that is a common and easy opinion. Buckley seems almost untouchable but on todays performance he shouldn't be.

@Ninja I'm off to a party now to celebrate so will not have to see any more of your miserable posts.
Some peoples glasses are half full---some half empty--yours is completely dry:ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There's being honest and then there's nonsense. He is unfit due to a virus but still played reasonably well. Saying he was totally outclassed is unnecessary imo. Winning corners gave us two goals today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting that the Albion are 'we' just after we've battered your other team Dave.

:wink:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

You claimed he had Buckley in his pocket which was not the case Buckley bottled it after he got the shite kicked out of him in the first 15 minutes Dixon should have been booked for 1 of several clear fouls and it would have been a different story. I think Buckley decided he didn't want to pick up another injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here