Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
There was no snow until 3pm-ish. Until about 2pm today there was no prediction of snow on the met office website. There was every reason to believe the game would go ahead. Then when the weather turned and we got such a drop in temperature, and flurry of snow you're at the point where those notts county fans have already set off, the notts county team is in the city, and so you want to give the game the best chance to go ahead you can.

For the colchester game it wads postponed the day before, the next day the snow had gone and the rain had washed away the snow and ice, and the club faced a lot of criticism. They can't win, can they?

Sorry acker but dont agree at all. The complete badger is completely right. The club have got both decisions wrong on all counts. The Colchester game was called off early despite all forecast indications saying a thaw was on the cards and improved weather conditions. Today they leave it till the last minute despite the Temperature naturally getting lower as darkness descends. I had work colleagues at 2pm telling me it was snowing in surrey. I looked up and and the clouds were moving southwards. Guess what? An hour later it snowed! f*** me it dont take a genius to work these things out. What makes me laugh is there are club lovers on here who think they can do no wrong. People were saying before that colchester game "oh but we better look out for the Colchester fans and people who travel from a far". Well them same dim faced idiots are now still sticking by the clubs decision today. Well what happened to the welfare of Notts County fans then? Not to mention the 1000s of people that had all left home for a pointless excersise. Sorry but i love BHA as much as the next person but the club have truley F&cked up AGAIN, and if they want me to help them and advise when and when not to call a game off then im available free of charge. Cos someone sure aint doing there job very well. It may well of been the ref that finally called it off but the club has offered its fans no help whatsoever. God help us at falmer. Complete joke

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sorry acker but dont agree at all. The complete badger is completely right. The club have got both decisions wrong on all counts. The Colchester game was called off early despite all forecast indications saying a thaw was on the cards and improved weather conditions. Today they leave it till the last minute despite the Temperature naturally getting lower as darkness descends. I had work colleagues at 2pm telling me it was snowing in surrey. I looked up and and the clouds were moving southwards. Guess what? An hour later it snowed! f*** me it dont take a genius to work these things out. What makes me laugh is there are club lovers on here who think they can do no wrong. People were saying before that colchester game "oh but we better look out for the Colchester fans and people who travel from a far". Well them same dim faced idiots are now still sticking by the clubs decision today. Well what happened to the welfare of Notts County fans then? Not to mention the 1000s of people that had all left home for a pointless excersise. Sorry but i love BHA as much as the next person but the club have truley F&cked up AGAIN, and if they want me to help them and advise when and when not to call a game off then im available free of charge. Cos someone sure aint doing there job very well. It may well of been the ref that finally called it off but the club has offered its fans no help whatsoever. God help us at falmer. Complete joke

Don't think the snow had anything to do with the decision to call it off?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Very much doubt the same decision would have occurred at the AMEX because it will have undersoil heating so the pitch would be highly unlikely to freeze which is why the game was called off not because of the snow

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Looking at the weather forecast it seemed fecking obvious that the game would not be playable due to the pitch. Could have been announced yesterday ffs. Shambles.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very much doubt the same decision would have occurred at the AMEX because it will have undersoil heating so the pitch would be highly unlikely to freeze which is why the game was called off not because of the snow

Games will still get called off at Falmer regardless of the undersoil heating , as they will have to take into account crowd safety and pedestrian/transport access issues.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Feel sorry for the long distance travelers and Notts fans. Hopefully the under soil heating at the Amex will stop situations like this happening next year.

Today it was called off due to a frozen pitch and not due to the road / travel conditions, so would it have gone ahead today if we already had under soil heating in place?

It will be interesting to see if and when this situation arises at Falmer whether people will be calling for the game to be posponed or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports