Today's game (Merged) - NOW CALLED OFF

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Your reaction has made my night! One in the eye for the smug "I'm alright Jacks"!!

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
So glad I chose to go to Arsenal v Stoke City tomorrow instead now. Having said that the travelling is going to be f***ing gash with the snow and Christmas shoppers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bollocks. All the way from angmering, was about to get on the bus in town to withdean, oh well. Was really looking forward to some Albion tonight.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I appreciate they tried to give the game every chance. But from 4.30 today there was ZERO PERCENT chance the game could go ahead. The roads were unsafe and only going to get worse, the pitch had some on it and was going to freeze. Bad late decision, especially for the away fans and fans that have to travel.

Exactly!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Bugger....gonna take me half an hour now to take all these clothes off

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I for one am glad it's off - the roads around Tunbridge Wells/Frant/Crowborough/Nutley/Buxted/Uckfield/Newick are gridlocked because of any number of accidents, so would probably not have made it to Withdean until late in the second half.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its only -2C here in Crap Town but the slush that didn't melt away in our road has turned back to ice , at least its only 2 or 3 inches thick which is better than when it was 6 inches of solid ice. With the cold temperatures in Brighton there would have been numerous accidents with people slipping on frosty and icy pavements and within the ground had the game gone ahead.

Absolutely disgraceful handling of the situation as usual. I'm not bothered. I live five minutes away, we'll have a better squad in Jan/Feb and I can do something else tonight anyway. But for everybody who is travelling from outside Sussex, including the Notts County fans, that is a joke way to postpone a match. How can you say it's on all day and then postpone it 80 minutes before kick off? If in doubt, call it off at 3pm. It's December. It's England. It's snowing. Why is it only us that has got a retard doing the maths?
As the referee said - at 6.30pm - it was a very close call, not the absolute black and white that you seem to think governs the way everything in the entire universe functions.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely disgraceful handling of the situation as usual. I'm not bothered. I live five minutes away, we'll have a better squad in Jan/Feb and I can do something else tonight anyway. But for everybody who is travelling from outside Sussex, including the Notts County fans, that is a joke way to postpone a match. How can you say it's on all day and then postpone it 80 minutes before kick off? If in doubt, call it off at 3pm. It's December. It's England. It's snowing. Why is it only us that has got a retard doing the maths?

There was no snow until 3pm-ish. Until about 2pm today there was no prediction of snow on the met office website. There was every reason to believe the game would go ahead. Then when the weather turned and we got such a drop in temperature, and flurry of snow you're at the point where those notts county fans have already set off, the notts county team is in the city, and so you want to give the game the best chance to go ahead you can.

For the colchester game it wads postponed the day before, the next day the snow had gone and the rain had washed away the snow and ice, and the club faced a lot of criticism. They can't win, can they?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Bugger....gonna take me half an hour now to take all these clothes off

Same here! I think they made the right decision in leaving it if it was that close a call.
I'm glad as I couldn't go anyway as my sisters car battery has gone and she is still waiting for the AA 2 hours later- so atleast this way we don't lose out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports