Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today is my first day of signing on........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would never whistleblow people but Tim has been too forthcoming with info on here. Wise up Tim people can use this against you and don't bet they won't.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Am I getting this right?

1. Today you have signed something-or-other with some sort of legal basis, that indicates you are actively looking for work.

2. You have explicitly declared on here that you are not looking for work.

3. A lot of people know your name, possibly your address or can find it out easy enough.

4. The government have quite well publicised 'whistle blower' campaigns for those 'cheating the system'.

Is that what's going on here?

I suppose when you put yourself on a pedastal, you can only be expected to be knocked off.

I am signing on and recieve jobseekers allowance (£60.50p a week) but i can say and also prove i am desperatly seeking employment.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I hate to be a killjoy but there's no such system as "only claiming what I've paid in contributions" and certainly, it's not a defence that stands up in court. But I'm sure you have every confidence in what you are doing.
(As indeed do the Benefits Agency when prosecuting)

D

Deleted User X18H

Bozza/ GG, I look in The Argus , Insurace Times and Post Magazine for suitable positions every week and that appears to satisfy JOB CENTRE PLUS staff!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No he hasn't, he's just trying to make out that being unemployed is no big deal. Silly really, as it's an attitude that won't get much sympathy bearing in mind how many on here are currently 'resting'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Contribution based Job Seekers Allowance is not means tested you can claim irrespective of your financial status if you have the necessary level of NI contributions. I was not aware of this until my accountant informed me. Therefore as I have been paying my contribution since 1989 constantly since 1993 I find my self out of work and claim I admit I am not actively seeking employment and if they insist I take a job I will sign off as I stated earlier.

Believe me, trying to be slippery or clever at the Job Centre will bring you a lot of grief. Be smart and just go along with what they ask, it's not rocket science.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Contribution based Job Seekers Allowance is not means tested you can claim irrespective of your financial status if you have the necessary level of NI contributions. I was not aware of this until my accountant informed me. Therefore as I have been paying my contribution since 1989 constantly since 1993 I find my self out of work and claim I admit I am not actively seeking employment and if they insist I take a job I will sign off as I stated earlier.

But your still signing a bit of legal paper once every 2 weeks to say that you are actively seeking work.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Look, HB&B is obviously smarter than the rest of us. He's so clever that he thinks he's the first chancer to go into a Job Centre. Once he loses all his benefits he'll be even wiser.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
It looks like we've heard the case for the prosecution and the case for the defence.

Next thing is to find a wise magistrate who will decide the outcome.

Ed...... I might know just the potential magistrate you are looking for....................... Doh...... forget it, sorry i forgot, magistrates are supposed to be law abiding citizens, the person i had in mind is not that way inclined....sorry

D

Deleted User X18H

But your still signing a bit of legal paper once every 2 weeks to say that you are actively seeking work.
Ok I can't argue with that so if necessary I will take my medicine when served!!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I am only enitled to one benefit mate JSA and that is all nothing else not even free prescriptions or travel expenses to interviews I started this thread to add some humour to a rather despressing aspect of my current lot whereby I can only contribute to my pension through the govt. We will not put our son into Child care my wife has back off maternity and has been with her employer for 20 years she earns more for 20 hrs a week than the 37 hrs a week job I was put forward to this morning.

If I have pissed people off I will give my first weeks dole to REMF ok GG!!

If you have pissed people off ???? :lolol: I am not to sure you are as bright as maybe you think you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here